How To Cast Your Anxieties on the Lord!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I agree Marty, since that is sooooo easy for me to forget, also ;)!!!

I just keep reminding myself over and over again!!! I try not to "skip" one night casting all of my problems upon our Lord and Savior!!!

I know HE has very strong shoulders, and this is what HE wants us to do, since HE loves us soooo very much!!!

But, I do have to be honest and say, that sometimes I feel VERY SORRY for our Savior, since I have done sooooo much casting!!!

My heart breaks for HIM, because I don't feel worthy to be called HIS child, little alone "cast all of my cares" upon HIS precious back!!!

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Wow I am back again and casting casting. I wake up in a panic and hve to cast the anxiety of being anxious again. Does anyone else wake up in such a mind mess. I feel that my reel is in such a rat's nest that the casting line is in a tangle and won't cast. Then I feel the nail scarred hands.
Lord reach my mind and heart. Lord soothe the anious thoughts of being anxious. Lord a new day - don't let it start this way. Lord direct my thoughts.
Lord your great name is a great net for my cares. Lord catch my marriage.

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi Marty,

Please take the focus off self and these negative thoughts. When you open your eyes, open your mouth and speak out words of gratitude and thanksgiving. When you take your sleeping garments off think of them as shedding the old and negative you, as you prepare to transform and renew your mind with the mind of Christ.

Think nothing, but sing a song of praise that has a rhythmic marching beat, don't stop singing until you have that sense of joy as you begin your day. The simpler the song the easier it is to sing it out without thought to what comes next.

You are over thinking the casting part, go back and read how they cast robes and garments upon the little colt, (Luke 19:33-36) there was no fishing line. Visualize when you shed your sleeping clothes, take them in both hands cast them forward to land where ever, but let them go!

Make a great day, filled with the joy of the Lord, for the joy of the Lord is your strength! (Neh. 8:10)

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”