TRUST GOD

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Believer08

Post by Believer08 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:37 am

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

The secret things belong unto the Lord our God, but the things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all of the words of this law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

I have heard many people say that reading the Bible is confusing. They say, "I have tried to read the Bible, but I don't understand what God is saying and I end up feeling frustrated and confused."
In seeking God's guidance regarding this situation, I sense People keep trying to figure out everything. Its like the word is saying.."Stop trying to reason and explain everything". As the above verses point out, we cannot always rely on our understanding. There are some things that we are not meant to know or understand.
I really is that simple. Like the psalmist, we can say, "Give me understanding that I may keep Your law; yes, I will observe it with my whole heart (Psalm 119:34). We must ask God to show us what to do, and then we must not question it when He reveals it to us. Too often people try to reason things out, but that can be dangerous. When we start trying to figure out why God says or does something, our first mistake is thinking we're smart enough to understand the mind of God.
Reasoning can also move us in a particular direction that, although it may seem logical, may not be the will of God. A biblical account found in 1 Samuel 13:12 is a good illustration of this point.
The human mind likes logic, order, and reason. We like to deal with issues we can wrap our understanding around and come up with solutions that make sense to us. We have a tendency to think small because we are limited creatures, and we don't have the perspective to understand from God's point of view. We tend to put things in tiny, neat compartments in our minds, telling ourselves this must be right because it fits nicely there. We need to depend and trust in God to show us things in such a way that we know--with an inner security--that what has been revealed to our mind is correct. One must not allow themselves to reason with their mind, searching for logical solutions. Instead, you must say, "My trust is in the Lord, and whatever He tells me to do, I will obey."

Prayer

Dear God,thank You for loving me more than I can even comprehend. In the name of Jesus Christ, I ask You to help me love and honor You so much that when You speak, I will have only one thought in my mind, and that is to obey. Amen.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:06 am

Believer08,
That was beautiful. I really enjoyed that and needed that this morning. I think everyone should take this to heart and read because I do not know one person that doesnt or hasn't doubted what God told them to do. And your right our little mind comapartments aren't even close to being able to understand the mind of God! God bless you~
Jennifier

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:18 am

Alot like you I wish I could take credit but I don't want to get struck with lightening.... :roll:

I obtained this article from Joyce Meyer's book. Battlefield of the Mind its very empowering........it speaks just like the program....

Boon

Post by Boon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:33 am

Its okay you can take credit for doing what the Holy Spirit had you do! We are just messangers and I don't own the book so you did what God wanted you to do this morning and I know that is will help many people!

Jennifier
"Life is not about comfort. It is about living." Dr. Howard Liebgold

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:38 am

As many believers and faith filled people on this site...I wish more would join in and apply their knowledge and experience with the word.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:37 am

AMEN Believer08... so how have you found this program? have you made any progress with the tools that you have learned?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:59 am

Well its not really what I have learned.......it only has enforced and supported what I have been taught already. I do have a private therapist and the Word of God. I have found that many books put the Word of God in lament terms.....just like this program has. Basically I had achieved a master's degree in stinking thinking!!! But I have found when I keep my mind focused on something more empowering then what I'm really thinking I tend to do GREAT!! I do take a Xanax as needed and right now I am standing on scriptures and believing God to deliver and heal me from something greater. Something that keeps triggering anxiety/panic.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:00 am

Sometimes in life we have to hear the thing over and over and over again until we get!! Then again because we still didn't get it...
The program has been a great reinforcement.

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:27 am

Thank you for that Believer I really enjoyed reading this thread and thank you for the prayer and insite it was so helpful.
God bless
Mimi
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:49 pm

THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL,
THANKS for writing and thanksfor your thoughts and PRAYERS...TRUST IN GOD AND HE WILL TAKE THE ANXIETY AWAY..IF HE DID IT FOR ME THEN HE CAN DO IT FOR YOU...
I CAN STILL FEEL HIS PRESENCE FROM THE PRAYER GROUP AND I AM NOT EVEN SLEEPY..
THANK OF WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE IN HEAVEN...STREETS OF GOLD...NO MORE SUFFEREING ,PAIN, DEATH...HAVE A BLESSED DAY TOMMORROW..GOD BLESS..
DON
OH TO BE MORE LIKE HIM....
I WAS ON THE WAY TO TOWN TODAY AND MY FAVORITE SONG CAM ON. IN THE PRESENCE OFJEHOVIA..WHAT A BLESSING IT WAS..EACH WORD HAS A MEANING. LISTEN TO IT IF YOU CAN AND IT WILL BLESS YOU AS WELL..

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”