Spirtuality and this program?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
gostac123

Post by gostac123 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:57 pm

I just recieved my kit and I was wondering if anyone is well into it and knows if this new ageish or does it lean toward anything spirtual or weird? I am a christian believer and I don't want to get into anything that is new age or weird.

PVF

Post by PVF » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:13 pm

The founder, Lucinda Bassett, is a Christian and so are most of us here. She talks about her Christianity a lot in the program.

There are people of other beliefs and non beliefs ( athiests) and I remember some Wiccan members on here, but they won't try to convert you or anything. But the program is Christian and so are the people that works for the program.

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:19 am

Hi, I am new to using chat rooms like this and responding to topics. Can someone guide me in this?

derfy

Post by derfy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 am

hi,
Nothing new age or weird about it. It's a program implementing cognitive behavioral therapy -changing our thoughts and behavior - in order to overcome anxiety and depression.
This is a wonderful self help program that helped me to rid myself of panic attacks, high anxiety and depression.
The best skill I learned from the program is positive, empowering self talk. Add the rest of the program into the equation and we end up with a much more peaceful, fulfilled life.

Yes, Lucinda is a Christian, as she mentions in the program, but more so, she speaks now and then, briefly, about having a strong faith. This isn't emphasized in the program, it's merely a fact that Lucinda shares.
This program is not geared towards any specific religion, but rather for relief from anxiety and depression, and it's awesome.
So, go for it.
God bless and hugs to you1
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

had enough

Post by had enough » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Lisa,
Hey, you did great posting this one. 2 years ago was the first time I ever posted anything, anywhere and was the first time for me in a chat room.
Take your time on the website and figure it out step by step.
If you have any specific questions we're all always willing to help out.
Hugs to you.
Remember, an Eagle never has the same air under its wings.
So it is with life, there is something different each day.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”