POWER SCRIPTURES......

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Believer08

Post by Believer08 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:25 pm

Feel free to add any scriptures to strengthen our walk and Faith with God

Call God's 911

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
Psalm 91:1
As we quote this verse, we say by our faith that we choose to place ourselves under God's protection.

Angels Are Watching Over You

Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than thos who are with them.
II Kings 6:16
The ministering angels of God are always on assignment to watch over us and ready to do battle.

You're No Stranger to God

Fear not. for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine; When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God.
Isaiah 43:1-3

God knows you personally. He cares for you. He is concerned about the smallest details of your life! When problems come rolling in on you and it looks as if theres no way out, trust in the Lord and know that not only is He with you, but He can sustain you and deliver you!
Last edited by Believer08 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:35 pm

The Choice is Yours

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid!
John 14:27

Every waking day satan will give us an opportunity to have something negative happen because he comes to steal, to kill, and to destroy. Thats his job. But Jesus said that He is our peace and He was leaving His peace with us. His peace-the peace of God-is something the world cannot give us and therefore, the world does not have the ability to take it away. However, we can lose it by letting satan grab ahold of our EMOTIONS. Instead of allowing that, God tells us to keep our peace. So if God gave us His peace to use, and He says it's now ours, lets be careful to guard it, protect it, and keep it!

Sweet Sleep

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; yes you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
Proverbs 3:24
When you latch your trust onto God and His promises, you can relax, knowing that you are safe in your Father's care.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavey laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

Praying in the Spirit

You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you.
Acts 1:8
If you want ot pray a powerful prayer, pray in the spirit. When you pray in the Spirit its no longer your mind praying, but the Holy Spirit infusing you with the perfect prayer that is in harmony with the Spirit of God. That prayer can become a powerful prayer...see
Romans 8:26,27
Last edited by Believer08 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:45 pm

FEAR AND FAITH

Fear and faith cannot live together in the same environment. One has to be driven out before the other comes in. Jesus used His faith and rebuked the wind and waves. And since rebuke means "Stop it, that's enough!" Jesus was saying to the storm, Stop it, that's enough! There is a time when we need to use our faith to rebuke the storms in our lives and say, "Stop it, that's enough!" so that the peace of God can enter into the situation and calm the tempest.
Mark 4:39,40

Believing God's word Defeats Fear

Fear not; believe only, and you shall be made whole.
Luke 8:50
Last edited by Believer08 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 am

Healing Scriptures

...they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. He sent his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
Psalm 107:19,20

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in hte thing whereto I send it.
Isaiah 55:11

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:23 am

FAITH

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

Without Faith is is impossible to please God.
Hebrews 11:6

Remember God is moved by our Faith....not fear.

I will stay in faith over my children, family, and myself. I beleive God is watching over his Word to perform it in all of our behalfs )Jeremiah 1:12) I am not moved by what I see; instead I frame my children, family, and myself with the Word of God by the words of my mouth.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:45 am

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

derfy

Post by derfy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:33 am

GOD HAS AN ANSWER

YOU SAY: “It’s impossible”
GOD SAYS: All things are possible… (Luke 18:27)

YOU SAY: “I’m too tired”
GOD SAYS: I will give you rest… (Matthew 11:28-30)

YOU SAY: “I can’t figure things out”
GOD SAYS: I will direct your steps… (Proverbs 3:5-6)

YOU SAY: “I am anxious about the future”
GOD SAYS: I have a plan for you… (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

YOU SAY: “It is not worth it”
GOD SAYS: It will be worth it… (Romans 8:1)

YOU SAY: “I can’t forgive myself”
GOD SAYS: I forgive you… (1 John 1:9)

YOU SAY: “I can’t manage”
GOD SAYS: I will supply all your needs… (Philippians 4:19)

YOU SAY: “I am afraid”
GOD SAYS: Do not fear, for I am with you… (Isaiah 41:10)

YOU SAY: “I am always worried and frustrated”
GOD SAYS: Cast all your cares on me… (1 Peter 5:7)

YOU SAY: “I am not smart enough”
GOD SAYS: I give you wisdom… (Proverbs 2:3-6)

YOU SAY: “I am so sad”
GOD SAYS: I will comfort you… (Isaiah 66:13)

YOU SAY: “I feel all alone”
GOD SAYS: I will never leave you or forsake you… (Hebrews 13:5)

YOU SAY: “Nobody loves me”
GOD SAYS: I love you… (John3:16)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:39 pm

Connor, that was so beautiful and so EMPOWERING!! You truly stirred up my SPIRIT! WOW...I have to print it out and place it on my vision board and share it with many. You have been a true blessing.......Thank you for your POWER SCRIPTURES!!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:03 pm

Awesome verses. Thank you for taking the time to share them. I am going to copy all of them to a file. I've been wanting to let people know about a great book that I have been reading. I think it is a good supplement to Lucinda's program. It explains family dysfunction and its results from a biblical perspective. It has really encouraged me to be diligent in the renewing of my mind (Rom. 12:1&2). The Book is called Boundaries and it is written by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. Zondervan is the publisher. Check it out.I found it to be helpful.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:40 pm

WOW that book sound wonderful........Anything that refers back to the word.......which has been the original introduction to life.......what we are all going through now has been going since biblical days.....They just have fancy names now for it.........

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”