God's prescription for a sound mind

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Dear Robin, Tammy and Others,
Here is a song about what you guys were discussing!!!....Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through His hands...

The words to this song are sooo true!!!!

Here is the song.... Nothing Can Touch Me

keithjoy

Post by keithjoy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:17 pm

well wowwwwwwww to all of this post!!!!!!! God is truly at work here~~helping and healing and encouraging...

jusme... welcome ... this is the exact place to make strangers your long found new very best friends... when i started the program, i had noone to relate to either... in fact through the 15 weeks of study and application, i still found it terribly lonely because Lucinda would say, "now go tell your friends about how you are doing..."... well, i didn't HAVE any friends at the time to tell, which made me even more depressed :eek:... but, thanks be to GOD, this forum was the answer i needed, we may be strangers now, but we won't be for long... we are all here for you to encourage and pray for strength and healing and God's holy power to empower you to right thinking and sound living... just call on HIM, we'll be there :D

Robin, thanks again for the powerful post... words that are weapons formed against the enemy and a reminder that "no weapon fashioned against us will stand..." much and more LOVE,
kj

Mary L. Smith

Post by Mary L. Smith » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:09 pm

This is so true. Satan can only work on our minds, and then only because if what comes out of our mouths. I know that every time I was put on anti-depressants, my thoughts would go from bad to worse, yet God was wuth me and protected me akk the time. I no longer use anti-depressants and am doing much better. I love gettung through a day wuthout thinking of suicide, plus numerous other thoughts, not to mention because they aren't a problem. I do use Xanax 0.25 twice a day. Sometimes I only use one a day, sometimes none, sometimes the max. The more I face my fears, the better I feel and the less I am bothered by satans schemes.If you want to watch a good veido watch Facing the Giants. The giant there was fear! God is here and will help, we just need to keep the faith and waith on Him.
Mary
freeone

Mary L. Smith

Post by Mary L. Smith » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:02 am

Keithjoy, So good to hear from you. It has been a long time. I am glad to hear you are doing well. I, on the other hand have been in and out of the hospital and not doing well at all. But I do praise the Lord that some days are better than others. I keep hanging in there, knowing God has a plan for me. The C.O.P.D. I guess is getting worse, but praise the Lord I haven't smoked in a week. God's grace is sufficient for me. I know that even if I don't quit I will end up in heaven. I am really trying to be positive about things and trying to keep my panic attacks at a minimal. God is so good....He brings peace to thise attacks so that most of the time I need not take my Xanax. Most of all I have to do is yield to His leading, but sometimes I messup. I juat always try to remember that God is my Father, Healer, Deliverer,provider and so on.He loves it when we praise Him for who He is.
Take care and blessings to all,
Mary
freeone

trixie9712

Post by trixie9712 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:39 am

I am new to this prograsm and I am a Christian...I am so glad there are others here..I am also bipolar so my anxiety is alsoa chem imbalance..sdo I am told..Please pray for me as I go thru this journey to recovery

Jacqueline'ssong

Post by Jacqueline'ssong » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:15 pm

This is so cool, I was just browsing through forums and was at Jan 6, and read Mary Smith's posting, and I loved what you wrote about Jesus, so I searched for your name and God has directed me here via you! Isn't he great? Where else can you find fellow Believers suffering through the same thing. Now, I have a question have any of you fasted for your healing? It was put on my heart to fast, and I did along with others for healing. He taught me many things and even had a message for me - he said this is a journey you must go through, and I will walk beside you the entire way, but the choice is yours. Isn't he beautiful? I love Jesus, Jacqueline PS I was hoping he would just heal me of this and I would be miraculously all better.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:42 pm

I love your PS!! I was hoping for that too Jacqueline :) But thru this journey I have become much more patient and compassionate for people. I weep with those who weep now and I couldn't do that before this struggle. I think it's hard but I KNOW its a refining process too. I KNOW the Lord is with you too and holding your hand every single second of every single day!!
((hugs))

Jill~

a12816

Post by a12816 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:05 am

So nice to find believers that are not ashamed to admit that they are suffering. I feel like some of the christians I met would prefer for me to disapper and take my issues with me. Some completely avoid me or look the other way when they see me. I have been so hurt by some of their responses. That I struggle with forgiveness.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:39 am

Sorry A1. It's hard for people to accept things they do not understand.I wish it wasn't the case but all I can do it learn from it myself and try to be a better caring listening friend. Take care and have a good day.
:)

Jill!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 pm

bumping with Robin's permission...Tee Hee

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”