Prayer From a Clear Mind for Change

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Enlightened

Post by Enlightened » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:13 am

Prayer:

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You, Lord! it is amazing how I have blamed everyone else for my challenges, struggles, and failures. It is embarrasing to remember how I have attacked others because I couldn't truly see myself.

All the difficulties that I recently have faced were designed to bring me to a central truth in my life. This truth is that I need to change, and it takes pressure to change my character. I thought I was fine and that my faults weren't so bad.

It took You, Lord, to burst open my heart and unveil my eyes so that I could have a clear mind. This test was positioned in my way to carry me closer to Your heart and bring me closer to my greater self. Thank You Lord.

[Evangelist Jackie McCullough, "105 Days of Prayer", p.105]
Last edited by Enlightened on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enlightened

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:26 pm

IT amazes me how sometimes we can't see out own faults but can see others like it was a light turning on. I can relate to this because I have been there but the Lord showed me when I was very young. I am glad that the things that happened to me at that time happened because I needed to see how I was to others. I was in the fifth grade and I had gotten bell's palsey. I turned alot of things around after that. I was going through alot at the time with trying to fit in forsay, and after my face being messed up for six months I realized that I needed to see the inside of people not anything else. I am really good being a good judge of character today because of it. I thank God for letting that happen to me even though it was hard it changed me in so many ways. Thank you so much for sharing that with all of us that was beautiful! God bless you enlightened!

JEnnifier

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”