Forgot how bad it was.

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
ineedhelpasap

Post by ineedhelpasap » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:05 pm

Do this ever happen to anyone? You feel good for a few weeks, thinking you broke the spell then BAM right back where you were? Im feeling angry amongst everything else. Same old obsessions, back to haunt me. what a terrible disorder.

ineedhelpasap

Post by ineedhelpasap » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:06 pm

i meant "does"

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:28 pm

Hello. The english is not important around here. :) Anyway, It is normal for you to feel really good and then some of the symptoms come back. The better you get with the program the longer you will feel the good feelings. One day you may even be surprised that you don't get those bad feelings anymore.

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:29 pm

I know what you mean, and it's hard- seems like you are fighting the same battle all of the time. But I'd rather be here and know what I know now than back where I was.
I wish I had some profound statement, but I'm just trudging along one day at a time.
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

excited

Post by excited » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:29 pm

Dear ineedhelpasap,

I know what you mean. You get glimpses of feeling anxiety free and it feels so goo--then bang the old stuff returns--it's very disheartening--but at the same time you know you are better. Here's to more good times and less bad times. It really is a roller coaster. Keep up the hard work it will pay off.

TroubledSue

Post by TroubledSue » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:39 pm

It seems like every time it "comes back" its always worse. Maybe not "really" worse, but, I always see it as being worse, because, its back. Hang in there. It stopped once, and it'll stop again.

Stagerlee

Post by Stagerlee » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Pretty profound statement bev,,just trudging along. I like it and think I will start just trudging along again.Beats sittin still here,,Bruce

jugray

Post by jugray » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:25 am

I have the same problem with the "relapses." Sometimes I think it's because fighting the anxiety and the bad habits is so draining that I just fall back into my old ways because I'm so worn out from the fight. I've noticed that when I have a really great day that it is usually followed by a really bad one. I know I need to change my expectations about that but It seems no matter what I try this pattern continues. Gotta keep swimming!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”