Does anyone have these problems?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Satu

Post by Satu » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:38 am

Deleted by author
Last edited by Satu on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi, Ive always had IBS since i can remember..the gas, constipation. Anyways a few months ago i developed some pains under my left ribs, upper stomach area and i was extremely bloated, I almost looked or I felt like I was pregnant. the pain almost felt like a stitch under my ribs. My Dr. thought I was probably lactose intolerant but wanted me to have some tests run. I don't know if you had any of these tests done but I had an upper GI which turned up fine and a gastric emptying study where i had to eat eggs with dye and the Drs basically could see how you digest your food. I guess my problem was that i digest food very slowly, it took about 2 hours to digest the eggs when it's only supposed to take 45 minutes or something like that. My Dr. prescribed me Metoclopramide 10 mg. I think it's supposed to help everything digest faster. After about two weeks of taking this, the pain and some of the bloating went away. I still have IBS but I feel much better. I'm not sure if this is your issue but it could be something to look into. Another Dr. had suggested a colonoscopy which is a little more invasive than I like. :) I hope this helps and you start feeling better. Good luck!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi Satu,
I do think that it's called gastroparesis, that sounds about right. I stopped taking the medicine after about 2 months. My Dr. never really said how long i was supposed to take it but I stopped because i was feeling better. You can take up to 4 pills a day 30 minutes before each meal and it's supposed to help the food slide right through. It may cause loose bowels but I never suffered from any side effects. You're supposed to start feeling better after two weeks of taking it. My Dr. said that if I didn't feel better after two weeks then I would have to have an endoscopy, where they put the camera down your throat to look around. Thankfully the medicine seemed to work for me. I hope everything works out ok. If you're able to, let me know how everything goes. Good luck!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:54 am

Did any of you get egg smelling burps with your symptoms?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:27 pm

The burps that I had were smelling/tasting slightly acidic, but I have this problem in control now. I was diagnosed with 100% lactose intolerance and sensitivity to milk generally so as long as I don't get any lactose and very little milk (like just cheese without lactose), I'm fine. I also have an IBS which gets aggravated by chilli and some other spices.

Thank you all.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:51 am

I have gastoparesis. I was nauseous and vomiting every morning for TWO YEARS!! I was also prescribed the Reglan and Prevacid as well and for the most part the symptoms have resolved themselves, as my GI doc told me it might. I still have to watch eating late at night and/or fatty or spicy foods and I only take the Reglan on an as needed basis now. Good luck! ;)

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”