lower back pain and IBS

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
blavoie44

Post by blavoie44 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 am

hey guys,

Thanks for all of your responses! I totally agree on stopping coffee, because I too believe that it would help my lower back. coffee heightens the stress hormones in your body, of course I am educated on that part but coffee is what gets me going in the morning and its great at first when im having it! I do heating and air conditioning and I am lifting heavy things when I am at work all day long, so literally as soon as I start lifting things, the stress levels rise immediately and I become increasingly irritable and stressed out and confused sometimes as we as jittery at what I am doing! I was crashing in the afternoons so I decided to drink soda to keep myself going! It is great sometimes and other times it just maximizes the stress levels, depending on how bad my back feels that day. I need to go about about my life without coffee in it because it is just making my anxiety and depression worse!
I am trying to start a life with my girlfriend of 3 years and I really want to feel better not just for me but for her and her son, so I can be the best father I can be and not have to try to take care of my health and have it constantly be on my mind. I want kids some day with her and I would like to put them first, not me and the pain I am suffering with.

P.S. the ovaries reference was really funny! haha!

Arwen

Post by Arwen » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 am

Hi,

I wonder if coffee is the cause of all your symptoms in the morning... the jittery part sounds like caffeine, and it can make the stomach act up - cramping, etc. My stepson was sick in the mornings quite often a year or so ago, he threw up in the mornings and couldn't go to school. This happened when he was at his mother's, and we finally found out that he was drinking coffee in the morning there! *slap forehead*

Now he's living with us fulltime, and just weaned himself from other power/energy drinks that he's been drinking regularly for months... He was so grumpy and unpleasant, and it really changed his personality for the better when he quit. He had a lot of headaches the first week or so, but I think it's better now.

I honestly think that some people are so sensitive to these drinks and stimulants that it influences their mood and outlook. Have you tried green tea? I know a lot of doctors drink that instead of coffee because it's healthier and still gives them a boost. In the afternoon, try adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass of water - very refreshing and invigorating. If you need to sweeten it, you can use honey.

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:37 am

Arwen makes a good point.

Many of us don't realize what an effect our bodies have to what we put in them.

When you think about it, you wouldn't put coffee or milk in a car, you'd put the appropriate gas and premium oil that our cars run best on.

We would never put anything less than optimal in our cars so they can run to their full potential.

But do we treat our bodies this way - no we eat and drink things that cause us to not function optimally.

And the sad thing is, most of us go through more than one car in our lifetimes, but how many bodies to we get? Just one.

I know cars don't run on coffee and milk, but you know what, we don't either! We run best on a plant based diet, this is the most natural diet in the world. Do we see any other species living on a cooked, processed diet?

Do we see other species in the wild overweight, with cancer or diabetes?

The only species that eats cooked foods are the human species, and their house pets!

Luckily the farmers have it right and still feed their animals fresh hay and grain, however they go into the house afterward to have coffee, toast, bacon and eggs, all cooked up!

Just because we see junk in the stores, like processed foods, cakes, donuts, chips, soda, coffee, milk, lunch meats, hot dogs, bacon, etc doesn't mean it was made for our bodies. In reality it was made for the company's profits. Something to really think about.

blavoie44 not saying you do or do not do this, but I see this everywhere and there is so much truth to this.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”