sleep problems, energy lowww

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Corky

Post by Corky » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43 am

This is my first time on this. My wife bought this program last week. i listened to first tape. not sure what to think. I think I have a lot of symtoms for anx problems with sleep started 1 1/2 yr ago. went to Dr sleep over.. alot of drugs don't like side effects. sleeping better.. I seem to get sick on trips last 3 yrs or so??? love going on them but.. flying bothers me turb.. nice flight OK go the bathroom alot on trips.. any help or comments

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:54 am

Yes, I definitly have sleeping problems. I can't sleep without background noise. The silence scares me to death. I take 1 mg of xanax every night to get to sleep, So far it's the only thing that helps. I calms me down enough that I could care less about the things that plague my mind. I usually fall asleep within 10 mins of taking it.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:01 pm

Deep sleep is so important, if you are not in the proper sleep state you might as well be awake. I find these drugs help you fall asleep but do not give you that deep sleep that people like us really need to recover from stress we put ourselves through.

L-tryptophan is a amino acid that your body does not produce but needs. If you eat too much Turkey you will get sleepy, L-tryptophan is one of the reasons. It is also found in chicken, beef, and fish...

L-tryptophan works best when it is taken with carbs like juice, grapes, etc. For best results I aviod eating protien before or after I take it, the larger protien fights to get into the brain and blocks the smaller L-tryptophan.

For sleep I have tried many things. The best, I found is L-tryptophan that not only helps me fall asleep but puts me in a very deep sleep.

Also, Vitamin B complex taken along with the L-tryptophan will make it even more effective as well as having many benifits.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:12 pm

thank you for your response. I too suffer from sleep. It seems this time around my anxiety has popped up in my sleep. It used to be during the day. It's so frustrating.... I'm afraid to sleep!

Hot Rod

Post by Hot Rod » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:01 pm

Lately I've been having anxiety in my sleep as you said. It's awful. I wake up at 3am and feel like crying,for no reason. How weird is that. dg, i'm wondering if I should take xanax again. .25 mg was all I needed to help sleep. I have ativan but didn't take it last night. I need to take it usually before midnite at the latest otherwise I'm groggy all day. Thanks for the reminder. I will take the ativan since that's all I have left and maybe go back to xanax. Well, to all I pray for more peaceful sleep. Corky,I love trips too but hate flying. For me, it's anxiety about pain in my ears and jaw because it was very bad one time I get that fear it will be like that again. Just like now I've gotten the fear going to this chiroparacter. I like her personality but she cracked my neck bad and so I have that fear almost every time now and then I don't relax so it makes it harder for her to work with me. Last week I went and she smashed my chin so now I have the fear of going to my appt. this week. I'm scheduled to work so think I have to cancel that day anyway. I've decided to go get a massage instead. Well, all I can say is work the program because it does help and we all have to PUSH past the things that bother us. Keep telling ourselves "its no big deal" like Lucinda says. As far as sleep, she also says our body will sleep when it really needs it and we shouldn't stress over it.
Focus on what you want, not what you fear...

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:47 pm

Thank you for posting about the l-tryptophan. Natural remedies always seem to be the best option with less side-effects. I wonder how you buy it though, because the last I heard about it, they took if off the market due to a faulty batch. It wasn't the L-tryptophan, but the additive, that caused the product to be withdrawn from the market. Where can you purchase this amino acid? Please advise.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:37 am

I tossed and turned all night last night, for some reason I was anxious but can't figure it out. I did the relaxation cd as usual and even have a wonderful "waterfalls" cd I listen to after that but I just kept waking up. Since I have IBS, not getting enough sleep always aggravates my IBS and like clockwork it's already kicked in today and my stomach hurts but I can't just take a morning nap like I usually do when this happens, because I have people mowing my yard right now and then I have an appt at 10am. I'm on Klonopin and sometimes if I'm feeling anxious I take it at night and it really helps but I didn't last night because I wasn't initially anxious and if I don't take it early enough in the evening then I'm dragging the next day.
See, my husband is deployed and I have three children with "mental conditions" so there's a lot of stress in my life however, I think considering it all, I've done pretty good for myself while he's been gone. I've managed to keep my weight stable and eat where as last time he was only gone for 3 weeks and I lost 20 pounds and was very sick.
Oh, I've been on the program since Feb 07 and a Stress Center Rep called me to see how things were going and if I finished yet but I hadn't. I asked him why we aren't allowed to be on the chat room after a certain time but he wasn't aware of that and said he'd check on it.
Back to the lack of sleep; I really wish I didn't have to count on the Klonopin at night and could just take something else but my doctors won't prescribe me anything stronger than Bendryl which, actually made me anxious! And I tried melentonin with no help.

Ms. Hopeful

Post by Ms. Hopeful » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 pm

I also have insomnia. My anxiety is created by myself over sleeping. I stress over it every day, worrying and anticipating the night ahead. It is just the most awful experience I have had to deal with. It started over a year ago from going off prescription meds too quickly. Now I'm dealing with hormonal issues on top of all of that. I am currently taking 1/2 of .5 mg Klonopin and I'm on a natural anxiety control supplement. I have more bad then good nights but I'm trying to be optomistic and listening to my relaxation cd faithfully. Sid - How much and what time of day do you take L-tryplophan? Sounds interesting, thanks.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 am

Hello everyone. I have suffered for YEARS with insomnia. I was even tested here at a local lab. I have gone as long as 3-weeks without sleep. It is Horrible!!! I thought that I would go crazy. It was all due to lack of sleep. My doctors tried every over the counter perscription. Ambien, sonotta, Lunesta...Then they put me on 0.5mg xanax. I did not like being on the stuff. After awhile it stopped working to the point where I needed more. I detoxed myself and got off all perscriptions.(talk to your healthcare provider)I found this all NATURAL med. Called "Insomnia" by Hylands. I started out with a higher dose than stated on the bottle. But it worked!! I actually take naps ocassionally during the day now!! WOW what a differance!!!!! I am currently off my perscriptions and have gone Homeopathic. I feel sooooooo much better. It is AMAZING! I never was known to take naps. My daughter was Shocked. As I mentioned, You want to talk to your heath Care Provider before going off or switching to any new meds etc....

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:01 pm

dear Joyful Heart, I can see why you have a joyful heart now. You must be so happy. I'll have to try some of that natural med. I have had insomnia for years too. And nothing seems to work. Maxine

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”