Is there anyway to get rid of swelling/bloating?! Desperate for help!

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Bethersf61*

Post by Bethersf61* » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi there hatemybloat,

Greetings from the U.S. After just briefly reviewing some of this info., it dawned on me that maybe you may be experiencing some difficulties w/metabolization (breaking down) of food possibly in your body, even maybe food sensitivities or allergies, etc.. After the last reply ref: yogurt, etc. being extremely beneficial, I admit that I'm no nutritionist or droctor, but possibly your body or system may require some or more digestive enzymes to break down & properly metabolize your food. I have heard as we grow older, our systems lose some of the gastric fluids & other req'd excuse the lack of proper terminology to process everything as easily as when we were younger. I recommend hearing or reading one of Dr. Christine Northrup's (a Women's Health physician) books relative to being properly hydrated (H2O), digestive enzymes to aid in processing of fats, sugars, proteins, (maybe in probiotics & in vitamins). All of the info. included sounded sensible, practical & logical, not necessarily requiring add'l drugs & increasing substantial expense.

I hope that this info. may aid your health concerns & improve your overall situation.

Best wishes & good luck,

Beth(ers)F.
Central Maryland, U.S., 40+ yr. young, program newbie

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”