Weight loss

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
thishastohelp

Post by thishastohelp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:59 am

I have been experienceing chronic loose stool for approx 5wks now. I am currently seeing my GP and they want to do a colonoscopy on me but I am hesitant due to the fact I feel it is probable IBS. They stated I shouldn't have weight loss w/ it. Has anyone else experienced weight loss or could it just be yet another result of the anxiety. I didn't have weight to lose so am looking at ways to put it back on as well, if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks and God Bless.

ohstra

Post by ohstra » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:30 pm

hi. i always tend to stay on the safe side with doctors so i say go get the colonoscopy. let the doctors diagnose you, don't diagnose yourself. if the worst thing that comes out of the test is that they just find ibs then what do you have to lose?

i had one done a few months ago and it doesn't hurt or anything.
good luck!
jeanie

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:32 pm

oops. i forgot about your other question. just eat a lot of healthy foods, oatmeal, yogart, pastas, etc and conscioulsy try to eat more calories each day. i did those ensure drinks for awhile (i'm a light weight too!) and they tasted good, were nutritious and helped.

:)
jeanie

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks for the advice and I'll try the ensure. I've seen other people mention it as well so it must be OK. Thanks again!

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”