ancticipatory anxiety session 8

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
theresalasalle

ancticipatory anxiety session 8

Post by theresalasalle » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:44 pm

I have to tell you, the anticiparty anxiety came about because of the things that happened to me that made me anxious in the first place. They broke me down. they made me start havin panic attacks. They werent just negative thoughts, it was REALITY. It happened to me at work. The girls in the office would be in a corned whispering about me every single day. I could actually hear them talking about me. The other people in the office also heard and told me about it. THis happened to me for five years until I broke down. It was awful. Just because I wouldn't participate in their little follish games at the office, they bullied me every day. It was awful. finally I had a breakdown at the office and had to be rushed to he hospital couldn't move, couldn't breathe. I am still suffering. The torture wasn't negative thinking, It WAS REAL. It happened.

rjhamilton

Re: ancticipatory anxiety session 8

Post by rjhamilton » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 pm

After reading your post I believe you, really because I just started a new job and think about the sammme thing. I'm paranoid about a good number of things including people talking directly about me but there is a crucial thought that I maintain that you may not believe yet - I will be okay, truly and honestly I believe I will be fine with whatever happens. I clam up and don't talk much when I think that people are talking about me but I do something about the situation no matter what. I focus on my work and what I need to get done and allow social embarrassment to pass. Other people don't always focus on you; they have their own life, own mindset, their own flaws and their own improvements to make. We are all working on improving ourselves so why is that we don't work together and get it done the best we can? I trust in you that you may relax and find something positive to focus on. It becomes easier in time if you genuinely trust in something. Please let me know what you think. Everyone has their individual ways at looking at things so please let me know what I'm not understanding and if I was helpful at all. Thanks and the best to you.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:28 pm

This a good posting...I'm so glad that I don't have to work outside the home. I've been there and know how women can be. Also, I lost a son to suicide due to teenagers teasing and bullying him, so it is real.

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Try not to let them control how you feel. Brush it off. If you see or hear them whispering..you could even go up to them and try be really assertive and tell them how you feel and make them feel like a "shmuck" , as Lucinda would say. (And plan ahead of time what you would say).

Don't give them the power! You're too sweet to be brought down by INSECURE PEOPLE. That's all it is...they point the finger at someone and say something cruel...but there's three fingers pointing right back at them saying "I AM THE ONE WHO IS REALLY INSECURE!"

Take a listen to Knaan and Nelly Furtado's "Is Anybody Out There?"

We are all here for you. Remember..why are they saying mean things? Because they need to feel better about themselves. If it's not you...and if this goes away...there will be another person who they do this to. Trust me...it has nothing to do with you..it's them!!

Be you...You do you so perfectly. Ignore the bad and soon the good will come!
Listen to Jessie J's cd as well if you can.

XXX MAD HUGS!

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”