"But" friends.

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
GoodDave

Post by GoodDave » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:05 am

I was reading Carolyn's article on "But" friends (friends that usually seem to have a reason for you to not pursue something you want) and I laughed because I never realize how much of a "yeah, but" guy I am in general.

Most of the time my friends and family tell me they want to do something, I'm the one to tell them the downside of it and talk them out of it. For now on, I'm going to look at the positives of everything and encourage my loved ones to do what they want to do. I'm going to quit being such a downer in general. :)
-Dave-

"Because the plot thickens every day, and the pieces of my puzzle keep crumbling away. But I know there's a picture beneath."

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 am

Oh, I have experience that both ways. I'm working on not seeing that bad side of things or what if and keep my opinions to myself. Also, I'm noticing when certain people are doing it to me and I work on not letting their thinking change what I know in my gut is true or that they do not have all the facts or that they are scared Mimi's where I am not afraid to do new things or venture out more. I also appreciate that their personality doesn't allow them to do things that I find easy to do, so I work on not pressuring them to venture too far from their comfort zone.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”