Scared about uncontrolable situations

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Rupertgirl

Post by Rupertgirl » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:42 am

My "What if's" are questioning and scary.
I can't control what the future holds, but I'm scared over an uncontrolable situation involving friends of mine. This can be considered unrealistic, maybe? I live in a small town where people know a lot about other people.
Right now it feels as if my walls are slowly crashing down because every time I check to see what's new on my Facebook page, a friend I care about becomes friends with someone, who's friends with a person who stabbed me in the back and has called me a "BITCH". I'm scared that these friends of mine will become friends with this individual - even if it's out of my hands! I don't know what to do? Talking to a few of my friends already about this person might not do the trick, questioning "What if my friends decide to believe every lie this "enemy of mine" told me, and dump me as well?" I want to protect my friends but I can't protect their decisions. :(

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:29 am

its interesting what your sayin...i had some of the same situations believe it or not.a good 'friend' (even from childhood) would hang out and associate with someone i had problems with and or fought with.they were instigaters probly talked behind my back...So what im sayin im no expert, but from my expierences i would accept and glide through whatever and let things come as they should...in time im sure youll find who your real friends are and all this will pass.and if thier true they wont believe lies from someone who might have done you wrong.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”