Please ... I need a question answered.

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Kim Doc

Post by Kim Doc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:47 am

am new to the site and have recently been battling the worse anxiety I have ever had. It all started with heart palpitations. I was to the cardiologist, then the Primary Care Doctor and finally to a Electro Cardio Physiologist.
All the routine tests were reviewed. I had them originally done in 2008 and 09.
The Holtier monitor as done in 2009.

Every thing, says normal, or so they say. They labeled it as stress related palpitations and they said to let it go.

Well... as time went on, they never went away but increased. So... the Electcto Cardiologist put me on Lopressor ( beta blocker) to help with them.

This is where the compulsive behavior comes in.
I began to feel light headed. The Electro Cardiologist told me to monitor my blood pressure and heart rate.
Well... now I find myself checking it every few hours and repeating it 6 or 7 times, or until I feel comfortable putting the blood pressure kit away. I continually keep checking my pulse rate, as it has been very slow, compared to what it normally is ( 53-67) compared to my normal 88 or so.

Can any one PLEASE give me some advise as to how I can stop this obsessive behavior? I WANT TO GET A GRIP ON THIS BEFORE IT GETS ANY WORSE!!!!

Thank you
Kim

Donald W. Sautter

Post by Donald W. Sautter » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:49 am

No answers but our Lord Jesus. I've been to the bottom of the bottomless pit of depression and Jesus was there for me. I have been crying to Jesus since 1978 and I love every moment of it.
I have a two page letter of how the Lord Jesus saved me. Request a copy at my e-mail address
"tearsforjesus910@aol.com"
Tears for Jesus Ministry

Donald W. Sautter

Post by Donald W. Sautter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:15 am

I have been shopping at "iherb.com" and just found out that CoQ10 Has a higher and better form of CoQ10 which is for the heart. I have been on meds from doctors and it seems they just patch people up and not cure. I have just been shopping at iherb for a few months now and just love it. For cancer look up graviola and cancer on Internet and read what you find.
God has better answers from His plants growing in His world at least thats what I think.

tweaky1h

Post by tweaky1h » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:53 am

I'm a fairly typical GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) type w/OCD tendencies and your story is very familiar to me. I believe you are suffering from hypochondriasis which is basically a form of OCD whereby a person is convinced they're ill, and no matter how many doctors tell them they're ok, or tests they pass...they still believe there's some terrible medical condition on the verge of killing them.

I know your pain, because I've been down that road many times: As a young person I was convinced I had AIDS, and must of took 20 or more (negative) tests. A few years ago, I was convinced I had ALS and had a panic attack every time a muscle twitched.

I guess what I'm trying to say is what you're experiencing is not that unusual, and certainly is treatable. I did the program, which is helping me to see how the way I think and react is making my anxiety worse. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a hypochondriac which helps me get a "grip" when my health fears start to ramp up. The scary thoughts are a way to distract myself from other things in my life which make me anxious: feeling inadequate as a parent; low self-esteem; problems with loved ones; money issues.

The other person touched on faith. I think faith is very important on getting past problems with anxiety and depression. Whether it's religion, philosophy, or even this program, you have to have faith that you can get better and this world is a safe, orderly place that's worth living in. For me, getting in touch with faith was studying the teachings of the Tao (Dr Wayne Dyer's "Change you thoughts, change your life").

I don't mean to minimize your situation...I have no doubt you are experiencing palpatations. It's quite common for anxious people to have them...but if you've seen every doctor, and done every test...then you have to come to terms that your palpatations, although there, are not killing you. Therefore any more time you waste now worrying them, is just wasted time. There's a great saying about Worry:

"Worry is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere".

Good luck, you're not alone.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”