Freaking out.

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Debbi T.

Post by Debbi T. » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Please help! I am stuck in this vicious circle, of always having something wrong with me. It started one day at work with a flutter, went to the Doctors, wore the heart monitor for 48 hrs. Came back that it was fine. Still get them, and they still freak me out. Now I've moved to my brain, If I hear of anyone has something I get it too. Ted Kennedy's brain tumor. I'm convinced that something has to be wrong with my brain, (tumor) I always feel detached, nervous. I am scared to death that I am going to pass out, or have a seizure like Ted Kennedy. I dont want to drive, or even funtion. This is such a set back. I have made more excuses why I need a ride to work. I am petrified to drive, that I am going to pass out. I think when Im with my kids OMG if I pass out in front of them, what is that going to do to them? Please help I cant beat this. I would probably feel a lot better if I completed the program, but I'm stuck going over the same cd over and over. I identify with every sickness out there. I could never be a 911 dispatcher or something someone would call I'm having a heart attack and I would say so am I. Its getting to the point I don't want to go anywhere. It has to be a tumor, why would I feel like this all the time. Help

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:59 am

I know this may look like a trivial thing, but just imagine this:

If something were going to happen, it would have happened already. And it didn't.

Waiting and worrying about something that isn't going to happen or even the possibility of something happening is going to make you much more miserable than the actual thing happening.

There is absolutely no need to stress and be anxious about something that you are so unsure of.

God said..."Be anxious for nothing" Phil 4:6

Remember, it hasn't happened already, don't you think it would have? So if it didn't, chances are it's not going to, once you realize this, it should set your mind at ease.

P.S. I get a fluttery heart too. i had it bad during my 2nd pregnancy and also wore a heart monitor all day, they found nothing, now I find I get it right around my cycle, like the week before I start.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:54 am

Dear Debbie,
You do not have any tumor!!! That is just a negative untruthful thought!!! You are going to be just fine!!! You are just suffering from anxiety and panic attacks!!!

Please try to place a stop sign in your mind's eye and tell yourself the truth!!! You have a healthy brain and mind...Period!!!

I pray you have a great day!!! God Bless You Debbie!!!

P&P

Post by P&P » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:58 am

Hey Debbie,
Think about it like this...If you had all of these illnesses then you would not be sitting here typing anything out!!! You would not be able to get up out of the bed!!!

You are healthy and are just scaring your own self by the things you are telling yourself!!!

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with you!!! You are doing these things to yourself by the way you are thinking!!!

I pray this helps you realize that you are a healthy individual who is a worrier and who obsesses over things which are not true!!!

God Bless You!!! Love in Christ Jesus!!!

Hot Rod

Post by Hot Rod » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 am

Debbi,
WOW thanks for posting this, I come on and check the posts when I need some advice or have something going on and EVERY time someone is having the same EXACT symptoms as me. You are not alone I am right beside you I also had the flutters back in March went to the DOc wore the moniter everythings good. I recently have been getting dizzy and am FREAKING out that I have a tumor or bleeding in my brain. Every week seems like I have a new symptom and I think that it will kill me. I have a prescrpition for Xanax and take it only at night because I have 4 children and it makes me sleepy but I think I might go back to the doc and see if there is something I can get on that will help my with my health concrens all the time. I am sick of it!!!! I try not and tell my husband all my symptoms because I don't want him thinking I'm crazy but I feel alone in this. Are you on any meds? I am glad you wrote and we're OK you can pm me anytime I'd love to talk to you more about this. Have a great and worry free day.
Bobbie
Focus on what you want, not what you fear...

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:14 am

Thank you all So Much!! I really needed some positive in my life. I hold everything in to myself, but I'm at the point I can't do that anymore. I'm going to crack. I typed this forum this morning getting ready for work "thinking another day of this, what will it be today." Coming home to all of your messages was a blessing. Thank you. Thank you for making me feel like I'm not alone. I really do have a sinus infection right now and I go to the Doc's tomm. and I'm saying to myself, do I ask for mri. This lady is going to think I'm nuts. Its the only way I usually get past things is run to the Doc's. If the test is good I'm good til the next ache, or chest pain, or headache, so on, and so on!

Oh Bobbie, you are so not alone. I'm with you too! Thank you, you made me feel so much better. I have 4 children too. I have been prescribed Xanax BUT, I scared! to take it, because it might do something to me! Lol, I have to laugh at myself sometimes. We should talk sometime, anytime, I wont say anything to my husband either. If I go ahhhh I have a headache, he goes you always have something. Not the response your looking for. That is why all of your responses were so nice to see. Thank you, thank you for understanding
Luv,
Debbi

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”