Ok, just need a little sense talked into me please...

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
mtdeffend

Post by mtdeffend » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 am

First of all, My anxiety has been pretty much under control for a long time now. The only time I really have any issues is around PMS time and even that's not that bad. Anyway, I have a doc that prescribes me Zoloft then I just have a counsler that I talk to about my anxiety in the same office. Today I just had my routine every six month check in and getting a new Rx. Well, I was just sitting there and we were going over the routine info and I happened to glanse up at the oomputer monitor and I saw this list of dates and what looked like diagnosises next to them. 2 of them said neurotic disorder and one said like active/ inactive psychosis or something like that. So now I'm freaking out thinking she put this info in for me! Granted, I have never been diagnosed with either of those 2 things, nor had them mentioned to me. I don't even know what neurotic disorder is! My name was no where on the screen. Only at the very top of the screen was my Zoloft Rx info. Other than that there was no info pertaining to me. It just so happens my obsessive thoughts are usually about going crazy so to see that stuff on her desktop while I was in there got me obsessing a little. I keep telling myself " If I had any of those things, they would have told me." "If I was psychotic, I think they would have put me on something a little more than zoloft." lol " "I have no clue how there computer system is set up, those could have been from her patients before me." Or maybe it was something else all together! I have no idea. I know I'm being rediculous but I seem to want to keep obsessing about it so maybe if you guys can talk some sense into me I can forget about it!LOL Ugh, why did I even have to look at that stupid screen???!!!!

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:13 am

Can you contact the doctor and ask what it meant, and if it was about you?

mtdeffend

Post by mtdeffend » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:15 am

I could, and I thought about it. Just thought it might seem a little strange??

Kami1095

Post by Kami1095 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:48 pm

no its not strange. shes your doctor and shes dealing with you, the patient. as a patient you have a right to know about everything pertaining to your health...whether its mentally or physically. we should be the first to know. and we aren't always the first to know. (seems like i have to chase down my lab results sometimes...but i know life isn't always fair so i just accept it)
but i chase those results down because they are my personal business and i have a right to them.
she left the screen on, and you saw it. and i think its not weird for you to ask about it.

and also, if you find out those results were about you i wouldn't panic. ask her what she meant. its likely that its not anything big and scary.
"If you see the wonder of a fairytale, you can face the future even if you fail."

mtdeffend

Post by mtdeffend » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Thanks guys. I did end up asking her today. She was very kind about it and went back to the screen I saw it on and explained that they are old fashioned hospital codes and the one I saw was just the code for depression. She showed me my own personal file that she diagnosed me and it only said GAD with obsessive compulsive tendensies. So I feel MUCH better!!!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”