Need some help please

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Debbi T.

Post by Debbi T. » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:40 am

I have been feeling really weird in the head for months now. Really weird pressure not like a headache just pressure like my brain has no room. It makes me nauseas , lite headed, like I cant even talk sometimes. I read into the symptoms, so I've convinced myself something is seriously wrong with my head. I search the internet, and I have 5 major diseases. I've had anxiety all my life, and never this. As you get older is it possible the symptoms get worse. i feel so shaky, my fingers can barely type. Went to the Doc 2 weeks ago, she says sinus. Not better went back, she still says sinus. Why cant I believe her. I even said are you sure I shouldnt go for an mri. She said I'm sure. I want one, can I just tell her that. I'm convinced something is wrong, because I cant shake this, like I normally do, until the next episode. Can you make yourself feel this bad? I'm petrified I am going to faint or something any minute. I pray every day please take this away no one should have to live like this. I used to be scared of dying, now I'm like whats the difference. Also i'm so sensative to light, sun, floresent, etc. I feel like I have to live in sun glasses forever, is this all just anxiety, or am I really cracking up. Like I should just check in somewhere now? The only time I feel ok, is when I sleep, so every chance I get I sleep. Sorry so long, I'm just a wreck, and your thoughts do help so much. Thanks for listening.

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi Debbie,

Trust me, you are not cracking up. Have you ever taken xanax or the generic name alprazaloam? I think that would help take the edge off. You would think your Dr. would realize besides sinus it's also anxiety. How often do you do the relaxation tape? Try doing it 3X a day. Also read on the forums about sinus and other people having anxiety over it. I was feeling that way a couple days ago. I don't know if it's sinus or allergy but nose constantly running, eyes burning and tired a lot since the change of daylight savings time. You will be OK. Keep telling yourself thoughts, just thoughts and PLEASE stop looking things up on the internet because it's only making you think you have more wrong with you. It's OK for you to come here and talk it out. I know you will get help and be better soon. And yes, as we get older and think we should be over this sometimes the anxiety hits full force. No one ever died from anxiety so please be at peace. I will be praying for you Debbi.

Barb

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Hey Debbie,

I'm back. Someone just wrote a post wish I had checked the name now. It was just recent but on that same thread you wrote back on June 27,2006 something similar to what you wrote here. You said your husband said you do it to yourself. So see Debbi you will be OK. You gotta know it's anxiety by reading some of your older posts. I told you, you'll be OK.

Barb

Debbi T.

Post by Debbi T. » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 am

Dear Barb,
Thank you so much for talking to me. I feel bad dumping the same similar story all the time. Each time I go through one of these episodes, I can usually talk myself back to reality. Because this time is so intense, feelings I cant lose, it has really taken over. I don't take any meds, cause I'm scared of what they will make me feel like too. I might talk to her (Doc) about that. I went back and read all the things I had ever wrote, and it is all directed toward health. But, this time I can not seem to shake it. I pray so hard just to comfortable in my own skin. I function really good when symptoms, aren't making me crazy. But I cant even get to the point of feeling a little better. This has been going on for at least a month now. Thank you for being there. I hate to be like a broken record. I think I'm the worse person here. I have 4 children, and I am a teacher. I hide this, and keep it to myself all the time. Maybe I finally just cracked. I could write a book, so I better stop. Anyway thank you again for taking the time to talk to me, and your prayers.
Debbi

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi Debbi - trust me, you are not the worst person on this forum...I too feel feel the same way about my Blasphemous thoughts ,so I guess we are in the same boat:-) Move over, sister, we are all in this together and we'll help each other till the end, no matter what. Hang in there and laugh when all feels anxious and out of control. I would be happy to talk, so feel free to send me an IM or private email and we can form a verbal communication/check-in!!!

Debbi T.

Post by Debbi T. » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:05 am

Dear worrywomen,
Thank you so much, you made me smile. :) If you only new how much your response means to me, and I will stick by you, through all of this, you could just be that friend I could really use right now, and I hope I could be the same for you. I'm not real good at figuring this system out, but I will try to pm you. I have had the program for years and yet to get through it. I listen to the tapes that I feel I need to get by. Petrified of change, and just listening makes me anxious. I will talk to you soon, and thank you so much again.

Debbi T.

Post by Debbi T. » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:10 pm

P.S Just a quick question I am leaving for Florida the day after Thanksgiving, do to my husbands job. I'm driving with him, staying for a week, and then taking the train back from Florida, to Pa. I am freaking out cause I never traveled alone before. It will be me, and my 13 yr. old. The what if's are making me nuts. I started thinking maybe if something was wrong with my head, I wouldn't have to do this. I don't want to let my son down. or confess to hubby. He thinks I'm nuts already. He wanted me to drive, I was like yeah ok! I cant even go around the block, and you want me to drive the East Coast. Funny! I beat myself up so bad that I cant, and even this train is making sooooooo anxious. Just a thought 1 of many.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Debbie:
I kow you are scared. But you know what? You can make that train trip a real adventure.
You can choose to enjoy it and have fun.
Thank of all the country-sides you'll go thur.
Enjoy it with that 13 yr. old that is with you.
Oh they do grow up so fast. Have fun with the child.
I know you are seeing it as some thing to scare you out of your wits. But you can begin to see it another way. Just change those thouhts of fear and dread. You can do it!!!!
I hope you have a lot of fun. It is a great oppertunity.
You won't get these days back. When they are gone, they are gone.
Start writing doen some very positive thoughts about this. And think on those things.

I wish you the very best. I took 3 little kids and went on the train from Ft Worth to Denver once. That was a long time ago. That train
doesn't run there anymore. I want to take the train to New Mexico but my kids don't think I am able to do it.
Anyway, you go and you make it a fun trip. Pack a nice lunch and have a good time.
I will be thinking of you.
MJ

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Debbi, Listen to Cornflower. She's a great cheerleader. Maybe you're getting all your anxiety out now so you'll be fine when the trip comes. Often that happens to me. I get myself all nerved up like the other day I was already having anxiety thinking of Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was crazy!! So get it out now and enjoy your son cuz like Cornflower said, they grow up way to fast. I'll keep praying for you. You're gonna make it girl!!

Barb

Debbi T.

Post by Debbi T. » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Dear Cornflower,
Thank you so much, yes you are so right! They do grow fast, and I adore him. I adore all of my children. Well, with all that in mind I booked the tickets last night. Were going. I,m just looking at is what ever happens, could happen here at home. I wont have my safe person (husband) but I'll have that beautiful 13 yr. old right by my side, and god sitting on the other side, and if all goes well, wow! what an accomplishment that will be for me. Thank you for the push I needed. Barb thanks for sticking with me.
Debbi

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”