Anyone else can relate?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Yeah Sherry np, your doing great! My goal was to just show you guys that it is a very irrational fear, but of course not to make you feel bad in any way. Your response wasnt negative at all. Your fear isnt "dumb" just irrational and negative, and thats all of us, me especially, so we just need to notice these, not get emotional around them, and then correct them. Soon our brains are rewired to help us instead of to hinder us.I am getting a lot better. Also, something that would really help you guys, and has realllllly helped me is the book "been there done that? do this!" by sam obitz. I'm telling you ANY negative thought can be easily corrected in minutes and your way of thinking changed drastically for the better with the 2 simple TEA form exercises. Its the probably the shortest adult book I've ever read, its more like a little report/manual. This is INSTRUMENTAL if you are having fears like these and irrational thinking, especially OCD type stuff. Take care, I hope you all look into this :)

sherry2010

Post by sherry2010 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Aww, thank you for the guidance! I'm just starting session 3, and can see already how much of a negative thinker I am and how destructive that can be to a calm, secure sense of self. I'm going to see if I can pick up a copy of that book. Have a good night you guys.

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 am

Hi Sherry,

Keep up the good work! Every human has scary thoughts. Just as someone the simple question "Ever have a scary thought?" We just tend to focus a bit more than the norm. this turns out to be a blessing in disguise because we discover the tools in this program which help us in all facets of life. I began running due to this program and six years later ran a marathon. I also have become much more spiritual and better person because of my anxiety. Recovery is for the taking! Go for it! God Bless.

sherry2010

Post by sherry2010 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:29 am

Michael, thanks for the words of encouragement! And wow, congrats on working towards and doing the marathon! I've been a runner for over 15 years, but marathons are an entirely different level! Good job!

MMH

Post by MMH » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:38 am

Originally posted by ~Noelle~:
Does anyone else worry that someone will come on this forum and read our scary thoughts? I worry a lot sometimes that people I know will come on here, read my thoughts and think badly of me for it. I know anyone who comes on here can relate to these anxious thoughts and would only be supportive but I still worry about it.
I have to constantly remind myself, I am the only one subject to change. Others may change or not change and its not my capacity to change others. So what if someone reads and if they think badly of me, its there thoughts and I can change the way I respond, lift up my parachute and know I'll be ok whatever they say or do. Have you ever noticed it just says something about there own character?If they want to change its in there court and in there boundary. I have to realize that not everyone is going to like me and that I am the one that is responsible for being happy. Happy is not found in people, places or things, happy is an inner piece that I decide to create myself and with the loving Hand of God. I am still learning to deflate what people say and respond accordingly

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”