Does your obsessive violent thoughts sometimes come after anger?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
brandonmississippi

Post by brandonmississippi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:34 am

I just walked in to my house to find that my dogs had chewed up my couch and left it all over the room. I got furious, so I acted really angry towards them, and didn't hurt them in any way. I just scared the pee out of them. And on their way out the door I gave them a little boost with my shoe, to put a little more fear into them. I'm just worried I'll over react and want to hurt them. Can anyone relate? It's like when the voilent thought comes to my head, I just get so confused on wether it's something I want to do or just a random thought triggered by my anger. By the way, I get these violent thoughts even when I'm not angry. They come at any time.

brandonmississippi

Post by brandonmississippi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 am

Anyone?? And, also, can anyone relate to waking up with terrible thoughts, right away. It's like I can't enjoy the day from all the garbage in my head. While walking the dog, I had the thought of spinning her around in the air by her collar and leash. I feel as if i'm losing my mind. I don't feel safe around myself. Maybe I should just be commited. Please, I need some advice.

cuttingirl

Post by cuttingirl » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:16 pm

I have spontaneous bizarre thoughts but I would never actually DO any of them- I know that for a fact- but they used to make me feel I was going crazy or was going to become a serial killer. They are thoughts, only thoughts. Some examples. I fear suddenly slashing a coworker with the scalpel I use at work- I just picture the whole thing happening, and before I know it I'm almost in a panic attack. It's awful. I also pictured murdering someone that hurt me, and that terrified me so much that I had a panic attack. Listen to the tape on session 10 if you have the program, the one about obsessive thinking, and you'll get some more insight into these thoughts. Also read Charlie Brown's thread about obsessive thoughts near the top of the page. You really aren't going to do any of those things, you're just scaring yourself with the thoughts. They are distracting you from doing or thinking something that actually needs your attention.
Last edited by cuttingirl on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have lived a horrible life, none of which has actually happened"-Winston Churchill

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”