Uplifting Music

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
emmaslave

Post by emmaslave » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:07 am

I have been listening to a lot of uplifting and serene music lately. It is important for me to put into my life just as many positive things as negative, and hopefully when the anxiety subsides, there will be more positive aspects. I have been listening to Lata Mangeshkar, Tibet Cry of the Snow Lion Soundtrack, Give Me Love by George Harrison, and Beautiful Day by U2. I love the line in Beautiful Day that says, "Touch me, take me to another place, I know I'm not a hopeless case" What do you listen to to make you feel better?

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:57 am

Thanks for the reminder. I woke up in a depressed mood. After laying on the floor and listening to Joyce Meyer on "Overcoming depression" she talked about music also. I came on chat first but now will get some uplifing Christian music or worship CD's.

This may sound really weird but once in a while I put on polka music. I know that's nuts!! Well, I don't do it often but it is HAPPY MUSIC :) Who knows, maybe I will put that on. Thanks for the reminder of music to lift the soul.

suzyblue

Post by suzyblue » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:02 am

Brett Dennen is great for lifting up spirits. His is probably the happiest, most sincere music I've come across. Give him a listen :)

searching4answers

Post by searching4answers » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:26 am

Thanks for reminding me about music, I'm going to play "Lime in the Coconut" Harry Nilsson, it makes me laugh. Also Roger Miller's "King of the road", makes me feel good.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 am

Hello Barb G.
Polka music is delightful in helping me clean house!!
In fact, any music like that will lift me out of depression quicker than anything. I mean happy, foot stomping music like that.
I also like the older type Rock music. Like in the 50's and 60's and even the 70's music. My kids were young and liked the rock music and I got a liking for it in listening as they played their music back them. (my children are your age).
I like classical music but there is nothing wrong with some good ole' rousing tunes with a good rock band.
Why not??
Hope you are feeling good!
Take care.
Mary J.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”