new to the group

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Fingolin61

Post by Fingolin61 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:24 am

Hi I am new to the group thought i would share my life with OCD and see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I have had it all my life. My ocd focused on losing my mother when i was young. I would constantly need to know where she was and with her as much as possible. As I got older I would worry about my health..if I had a major disease etc.

In college this fear of illness was particularly accute. to this day...I am 46...I still obsess about my health if something is wrong. I go from oh look I have a bruise to I just know I have leukemia. If I can't get a hold of one of my children I go right to; I will never see them again they are gone and I will never know what happened.

At work if I say something wrong or if a parent is mad at me, I work in a middle school, I am sure I will be sued or I will lose my job, be arrested and go to jail.

I was recently in a car accident, The other driver and I stood and talked for an hour after the accident waitng for the police to arrive and fill out the paper work, After I dropped him off at his work, he was ticketed for not having a valid driver license, I was sure he had keeled over , was dead and that I would be arrested and go to jail. I actually made an excuse a few days later to be at the place he worked and made sure I saw and talked to him about how he was doing. It has been over a week and a half and I still have a nagging feeling that at any moment I could be arrested.

I called to make an appointment with a psychotherapist. This was during Christmas and New Year. They called back yesterday and didnt leave a name or number with my wife so I could call back. They also didnt identify themselves as they were concerned for my confidentiality. When my wife told me about this phone call I was sure it was the police coming to take me away...so much so that I left work early and called everyone I could think of to see if they had called. I finally got a hold of the doctors office that had called but I put myself through Hell for 2 to 3 hours.

I know that things can be better but I am tired of living with this sort of thing, no I a not tird of living just tired of dealing with this. I hope some of you can sympathize and please if you have had similar thoughts I love to hear that I am not the only one.

I am starting my program today so I look forward to making some progress.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:54 am

Hi!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Sounds like you are definitely in the right place! congrats for making that first step!

I have had OCD for about 5-10 years and anxiety and depression my entire life starting within my childhood. I hoarded a ton of anxiety and panic/anger my childhood (bad parents and family.. to long to write) which manifested into ocd!

One of my family members is suffering really bad from OCD and getting bad.. I just ordered the program for him today.. he needs this bad! perhaps you two can get to know eachother once he gets in.. I'll let him see your post! it will make him feel so so so much better!

I have had the program for 2 months and am considerably better! Actually cannot belive the difference! So cheers to you!

Thanks for posting and keep in touch throughout your journey!

You will be amazed..I mean it- amazed!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:14 am

welcome to the forum,
your thoughts are the same as almost everyone else that has anxiety , panic, and other sorts of things..alot of us have the same thoughts as you as we feel that we are sane..well i do if that makes sense..
the program will give you the tools and skills that will help you along your journey..as many of us that have been through the program and can tell you from experience that it works. i wish you the best of luck and may this year also be your year to shine..GOD BLESS..and if you have time read my profile. its just a smidgen of what i went through and came out on top..
don

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:58 am

Heyyy Flingo, you are def. in the right place. OCD can be so draining and can quickly consume your whole life before you know it. Im so glad that you got the program, if you put the work into and do what it requires of you, you are going to find yourself feeling so much better and overcoming things you never thought you were able to!! We are all here for you and have been there and are proof that there is light at the end of the tunnel. TC Karen

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”