This is not for the squeamish...

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Celeste1

Post by Celeste1 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:13 am

Just wanted to know if this was a common symptom of anxiety and/or depression: I have been having problems with my stomach lately. Everytime I eat something, about 30 minutes later, I'm rushing to the bathroom. It's not diarrhea but it's definitely a loose bowel movement. It doesn't matter what I eat although I do notice when I eat something cheesy or greasy it's worse. Anyone else have this?

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Jesus Christ
Matthew 6:27

Post by Guest » Sat May 12, 2007 9:30 am

Hi Celeste:
Just keep reading the posts! You'll find that this is a common symptom. Have you got the program. Listen to the CD's. They talk about this.
Keep coming back.
MJ

Post by Guest » Sat May 12, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi MJ,
Thanks for your reply. I don't have the program but I've been seriously considering buying it. Thought maybe my symptoms were due to IBS but I'm trying to get away from self diagnosing myself all the time. Plus, I wasn't sure loose bowel movements after eating was a symptom. Oh well. I'll keep reading.... :)

Post by Guest » Sat May 12, 2007 3:25 pm

HA I am with you! The least it could do is make you lose weight. Anyway I do go through the same stuff so you are not alone.

ohstra

Post by ohstra » Fri May 18, 2007 7:36 pm

i'm there too. i can't have dairy anymore, or else look out. greasy foods will do it for me too. i dunno if its a symptom of anxiety as much as its a symptom of being human, lol. i think there are thousands of people who just have to be a lil more careful about what they eat. its just the ones with anxiety are the ones you see with it cuz the rest don't think twice about it, lol. your not alone.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:20 pm

this happens to me as well only it happens right after i eat

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:03 pm

Even after eating like 2 almonds i have to run to the bathroom. Same thing. . not diarrhea but a loose stool. Its very very annoying because I think this may be making me loose weight. I am already thin and have lost 12 pounds )-: i miss my old body. Why does this happen?? Is it nerves? I don't know. People say well you can't go to the bathroom right after eating a meal it needs to digest! Well i think my stomach digests in a matter of seconds because right after i need to go to the bathroom. Celest I was seriously going to write a post on this topic and put it under the irritable bowel syndrome forum (you may have gotten more replies) so I definitely share the same problem. I bought some Ensure Plus shakes to help me gain weight and right after i drink it . . . well. . you know lol. . .

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”