feeling like you aren't here

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
soccer18

Post by soccer18 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:37 pm

Does anyone else feel that they are here but not here. Like..your watching TV..or listening to an answer machine message?

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:15 pm

That is horrible! It is called derealization Dr or DP. It will start to fanish as you get better. It does go away I know hoe scary that is. I hope this helps!

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:46 am

Yes, I TOTALLY understand it is my biggest symptom and I feel the worst symptom. It will go away, I promise...It just sucks! It is a very common symptom of anxiety, just like a racing heart. Try not to feed into it. Float w/ it and distract yourself. It is annoying and scary but it does have a name... derealization or depersonaliztion. Remeber it is ONLY a symptom of our condition. It will NOT hurt us. Cast all of your anxiety on the Lord, let go and let God! If u need anything send me a private message. Peace and Hugs- Roc26
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:33 pm

it goes away once you stop caring about it. mine stopped many years ago (after a few MRI's, lol). it will come back sometimes when i let my anxiety get the best of me though.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:51 pm

I was meant to find this post tonight. Lately I have deen feeling very detached and depersonalized. I find that I am having trouble concentrating and focusing. Sometimes it's more apparent than others. I had a really good weekend. I went to a couple of movies and laughed a lot. A few times though I caught myself noticing that I was having fun and started to worry when my anxiety would resurface. I guess I'm having a hard time letting go of the fear. I know that what I fear controls me and until i release this fear I will continue to be anxious, but alas old habit die hard!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:08 am

when i too get this i clean this house like a mad women....and keep telling my self it is leaving...it comes at different times and i just can't put my finger on what is wrong when it hits... it is weird i know all to well, but it does leave, thank the dear Lord!! I tell my self its just a feeling not a FACT!! and this too will pass...i keep moving
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Originally posted by aleisa123:
I was meant to find this post tonight. Lately I have deen feeling very detached and depersonalized. I find that I am having trouble concentrating and focusing. Sometimes it's more apparent than others. I had a really good weekend. I went to a couple of movies and laughed a lot. A few times though I caught myself noticing that I was having fun and started to worry when my anxiety would resurface. I guess I'm having a hard time letting go of the fear. I know that what I fear controls me and until i release this fear I will continue to be anxious, but alas old habit die hard!
Thats so funny. I do the same thing. I'll be out laughing and having a good time, and think "wait a minute, I'm not worrying, OK, what can I worry about. I wasn't supposed to forget to worry!" Haha. Isn't it funny how we almost let our anxiety define us, and we don't feel, ourselves if we're not worrying about something?

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”