Sexual Obsessions..anyone else?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
~Noelle~

Post by ~Noelle~ » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:34 am

I hope you're right--That I'll find it funny some day. Even scary thoughts that I've obsessed about before comes back and it's like it catches me off guard. Maybe i should identify it as a ghost. It's like i feel like it's something that's creeping up and haunting me. Maybe i should just say, Alright here are those scary thoughts again. They might seem new but over all, it's the same type of situations I've solved before. I will go with it and look for the good in this situation. It is good practice for me. I can be patient in the mean time.

Moontale

Post by Moontale » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:50 pm

You know I am gay and is hard to cope with anything that has to do with sexual thoughts out of the ordinary.........accept your thoghts, realize that you are alive and we have a mind and choose your path... to me you are already choosing your path, talk about it....and we all here in the same boat....don't feel weird!!

Moontale

Post by Moontale » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:30 pm

You know don't worry about the gay doubts, if you haven't felt that way since you are at least 14 or 15 you are probably not! is just thoughts
A gay person

Joe B.

Post by Joe B. » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:59 pm

I dealt with these issues twice in my life and they go away. The web link given is excellent.

It is ALL anxiety and you are probably the least likely person to commit these sexual acts. It is all fear. The gay person may feel guilt at first but it is not anxiety driven. Like the link says, if you are asking if you are gay or a molester, you are not.

Think of times when the anxiety was not there. When the anxiety and OCD was absent for me, I was attracted to females, especially ones with dark hair.

You are O.K. and you are a unique and powerful person.

Peace

Joe B.

Post by Joe B. » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:17 pm

I would like to add to my last post.

Most of my sexual morality was taught by hypocrites. Catholic priests who I know for a fact were gay or had pedophilia issues were telling me how evil homosexuals were and how dangerous it was. To this day, it still makes me angry yet I am also aware that no one is God. No one can truly judge what is right or wrong in this issue.

The point is homophobia should not be a concern. Gay people are born that way and know one can prove otherwise. When I realize that a lot of great people were gay, how can I be afraid of or hate them? I would prefer not to watch them have sex but I can't play God and want them eliminated.

Once again, you are experiencing pure anxiety and are grabbing on to something to be anxious about. Do you think a hypocrite like Larry Craig has your worries? I doubt it. He has his closet homosexual trysts and then fees no shame. He probably has the attitude that he got it out of his system. This is a totally different emotion from what you are experiencing.

I hope I have helped.

Peace.

Peaceofmind08

Post by Peaceofmind08 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:14 am

Posted June 05, 2007 08:32 AM Hide Post
i have the same thoughts you do. im looking into making an appointment for meds today, i cant take these htoughts anymore. i have the whole... what if i turn out to be a child mol.? it scared the crap out of me, or what if i end up hurting someone in a violent or sexual way? this has been going on for months, i really cant deal with it anymore, i no i need some help with meds. your not alone, just wanted you to no that!

I completely feel your pain...I have been suffereing w/ these thoughts for 2 years now, so you're definitely not alone. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one either. I'm trying to do it w/o the meds and just the cognitive therapy but please keep me updated to how the meds work.
Take care!

Rucca

Post by Rucca » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:18 am

WOW!!!! Very cliche, I know, but I really thought I was the only one who's been tortured by these thoughts. Its surpassed the point where I don't feel comfortable with children or my father, feel uncomfortable around the opposite sex & sometimes my own sex, and constantly am interupted by these thoughts. I see beutiful women on t.v. and think I'm becoming gay more everyday. Though I'm not gay. I'm definately not a child molester. But, its like agraphobia meets ocd with a sexual twist. I avoid the things that make me uncomfortable. I don't think I could babysit these days to save my life. And its so painful only because its so far away from what I am. Somewhere in this program I've heard or read, "...while the person inside was scared to death." Well, I was. Maybe I still am a little. But I can't tell you all just how much it means to me that you guys are strong enough to have started and added to this topic which seems so preverse that no one would want to admit to it. We must be our own worst enemies if we allow ourselves to be tortued in this way. Thank you for sharing....I needed to hear that I am not alone.

HopfulME

Post by HopfulME » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 am

Thank you all for your posts. I would never talk about this to anyone. They would think me nuts! I was 12 and an aquaintance of 2 of my sisters had died in a car crash. I was so tormented about it for years. (i just came to terms with it recently) I used to get this thought that I wanted to 'f*#*' this person, whom I had never met. I did not even know what sex was. I had that though pop into my head for years and was so scared and thought I was crazy that I would push it deeper and deeper inside. I also could not listen to 2 songs ever as those were the songs playing when the news came in. I remember the older crowd talking about it and what his last words were and also I even know what they buried him in through the description. I never even saw him. Finally a few months ago a thought about him was coming in my head and I let it flow. I did not push it away. I cried and cried for him and for me, and now I am able to listen to those 2 songs and those thoughts have not come back. I am thinking it was some kind of Post traumatic stress disorder. That happened when I was 12. I am 45 now. It took that long to deal with it. I would never ever tell anyone about the sexual part. Thanks everyone for allowing me to speak up. Also I too see beautiful woman and think I am lesbian. I don't know if it's just because I want to look that way or if it is because woman are beautiful. I think about it and go gross. I would never go with a woman, but in my head during the act sometimes I fantasize about it. Then I feel guilty because as I said gross! I have been married for almost 28 years and only like men. I was raped as a child and sometimes I think that has to do with my deviant mind. I don't know. I also think about being raped in my mind during the act with my husband and that is the only way I can (well you get the picture). I have not been able to get a therapist to help me with that one. I don't know how to stop it. I cannot stop thinking about everything during sex. I tried to picture the ocean as Dr. Ruth once stated, but even that does not work. I hope one day I will be free, but for now there it is. I finally spoke about it perse. Well I hope you all don't think I am sick, because I feel sick enough for all of us.
HOPEFULL

HopfulME

Post by HopfulME » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:37 am

PS meds never worked for me regarding those thoughts, only drugs and alcohol, but I have been clean and sober for 2/12 years and have finally rid myself of all meds. I am working hard and will be okay.
HOPEFULL

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”