Weird Thoughts Anyone?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
MelMbrsl75

Post by MelMbrsl75 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:37 am

I used to have scary thoughts about God and I am a strong Catholic. This program helps you work through it. I know with me I stopped obsessing with these bad thoughts about God and than I started in with a new obbsession, I know it is hard, but follow through and this program is awesome!
Melissa

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow. ~Dan Rather

NewMommy07

Post by NewMommy07 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:14 pm

It's comforting to know that others have thoughts like you said, Deb: "Not good enough for God thoughts". I too believe that I am a strong Catholic (like you Melissa), but I am so afraid to go to church. If I allow myself to sincerely pray in church, I just want to cry (and usually do) because I feel so guilty for my sins. I'm not talking like mortal sins. I feel like God should not waste his time on me because I am sometimes impatient with my sister, or because I had boyfriends before I was married, or because I haven't found my calling yet.

I just recently (because of this program) admitted to myself and my husband that I am afraid to go to church because of my fear of other people's judgement of me. I have never talked to anyone about my fear of God's judgement, because God doesn't judge, right? I saw a sign today on my way home from the store and it read "We are not perfect, we are only forgiven". And my immediate thought was "except for me". I said to myself that people are only forgiven if they have no intention to ever sin again. Why do I do this to myself?

I hate crying in church, it is so embarassing. I am so afraid that someone is going to come up to me to try to help me and expect me to tell them that a family member passed away or something terrible. But all I can say in response is that I feel unworthy of God's love and it overhwhelms me when I'm in his house. How crazy is that???!!!

emilya

Post by emilya » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:44 pm

im 15
ive been having really big mood swings and i know its not my period i am on yaz birthcontroll anyways mood swings.. one minute i will be fine the next i will be crying my thoughts are that people are just minds alls people do is think and talk im not gonna get into detail but i think ive been overthinking to much or maybe im crazy..its hard for me to go to sleep focus and be normal im a depressed stressed teen i dont know what to do i fear i will one day become completely unstable... sometimes i think i hear things but its not what i think like lets say i think i her some one crying but its just the bakground to my music but it wont stop so i have to change the song it drives me insane.

please tell me whats wrong with me some one

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Emily:
I wondering if you have someone you can talk to.
Do you see a counselor?
I don't think you'll go crazy but I do think you are very uncomfortable.
I don't have any answers for you as I'm not a doctor of course.
Maybe someone on here can give you some advice.
I just wanted to answer and tell you that I care and that I'm sure there is help for you.
I think you are going to be okay.
But you need someone to talk to and you would profit so much from this program.
Do you have the program?
Keep coming on here and posting. That will help too.
Let us know more about you and how you are doing. Stay in touch.
You'll be in my thoughts.
Mary Jane

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:03 am

i can relate. . i used to have thoughts about the devil or demons and it would frighten me so much. I grew up catholic and i know this is why i have these thoguhts. I would be so scared of going to hell and th end of the world. You're not alone with this and it'll pass. .
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

emilya

Post by emilya » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:25 pm

thanks for the advice so quickly
i dont really think about the devil tho im not really religious but im some what agnostic um my thoughts i had to day where strange but they always are i think its weird how in between ages and when you get older you cant seem to remember alot of things its all hazed well etleast for me it is i can only remember certin things sorry for my spelling im dyslexic i also think its weird how we all stop thinking every night its weird that we can... we always think never get a break except for sleep..i also think if alls we do is im not suicidal or anything but that if alls we do is think and breed that why live its sad if we are just a brain are whole life we live learn and think and have questions go un answered.

i saw in this movie that some one said humans are viruses every animal adapts to is invrament and we just dystory it and take out all the resorses till there is nothing left. i know that one day earth will die most likely because of people. and i think its sad im not even a naturalist no efence to naturalists. these thoughts wont leave me alone but i think its ok now to just tell some one if i dont i think i would feel uncomftorble and probably go a bit crazy. write me back with your opinions well you dont have to

-emily alvarez

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”