Blasphemous thoughts - please help!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:22 am

Leigh, I very much agree with you. I do this with my diet. The more I think "I can't eat this - don't eat this - this is so bad for me" it backfires. It's like the "don't think about the pink elephant scenario."

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies!

James have you ever dared yourself to keep thinking the thoughts, instead of fighting them? I've done this with my anxiety and it actually makes the anxiety lessen and go away.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:59 am

Leigh!
You make lots of sense to me. I can really see how this would work.

James, i feel this advice would truly help you.
I hope it does.

And Shif, I do see your point here with food.
You guys are making very good sense.

I can understand this.

My best to all here!!
MJ

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Leigh, I like Shifrah and Cornflower totally agree with you!!! This makes absolute sense and I truly feel that this advice is great!!!

James, I am sure this advice would greatly help you!!! God Bless You All is My Prayer!!!

HisBeloved

Post by HisBeloved » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:21 am

Originally posted by James1986:
I know that I shoudn't think about what I am thinking, when my Lord is brought into the picture it really eats at me, I don't feel guilty as I once did, but I can't stand this, It Stinks!!!!! I just don't understand how I could Love Jesus and have evil thoughts of him at the same time. Sometimes I avoid hearing his name because I know the thoughts will come, but then I have to hear his name to try to overcome.
And the Lord said evil thoughts proceed from the heart and I hope this isn't my heart but I am thinking them, my thoughts also go against other people and my wife who I love dearly. It so much to have on you when you hate to talk about it, even though I have. Please pray!!!!!

Oh my goodness. I deal with the same thing. It sucks and I hate it and I want to be free. I always tell God how I want to be normal again.

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:11 pm

I am so anxious and panicky now because I am eating a snack and saying "Thank you, Lord, for this food I have" but instead I hear the cursing and hateful words, making feel like I am not true to being thankful, when I am! I constantly repeat this over and over until I DO NOT hear the bad anymore, but it gets louder and I end up not eating my snack or meal until the fear or words go away. I feel as if I am not being thankful for just appreciating all I have, because of these stupid thoughts. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING and why can I not get better and live normally and unfearful?????

fredcz

Post by fredcz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Dear ww,

I say again that the thoughts will persist as long as you try to resist them. They are in no way sins, and God understands. Eat your snack in peace!

Love your friend,

Fr Ed
fredcz

HisBeloved

Post by HisBeloved » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Originally posted by Worrywoman:
I am so anxious and panicky now because I am eating a snack and saying "Thank you, Lord, for this food I have" but instead I hear the cursing and hateful words, making feel like I am not true to being thankful, when I am! I constantly repeat this over and over until I DO NOT hear the bad anymore, but it gets louder and I end up not eating my snack or meal until the fear or words go away. I feel as if I am not being thankful for just appreciating all I have, because of these stupid thoughts. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING and why can I not get better and live normally and unfearful?????

I know your struggle. All I can say is cast the thoughts down. Get in the Word and try to meditate day and night and when the thoughtas come replace them with the Word of God. Try fasting.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:56 am

Theres a chance that you have some deep hidden resentment towards god. Maybe he took away someone you cared about or maybe you find it too difficult to follow the rules of the bible. Of course I could be wrong too.

and what about the thoughts make them bad? You spend what 80% of the time worshipping and loving god and 20% not so much.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks, all! Fr. Ed, I am trying, I really am. I promise to just let go, and let God! Pray for me, please, as I pary for you and all of us in this struggle.

God Bless us all......

WW

mel23

Post by mel23 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 am

has anybody here seen a councelor for this problem or gotten medication for it? and does it work? im thinking about seeing one.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”