Constant fears That I can't let go.

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
MyDogMaddie

Post by MyDogMaddie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 am

My company thought it would be a good idea to send other departments out on sales calls to introduce our hotel. I am in the finance department and have never done this. We were teamed up with a sales manager. Long story short we stopped by a building with a sign that said vet hospital and went in. It was so creepy. There was an elderly man with a stained white coat. When we went in he hung up the phone and went into the back room and came back out. We dropped off the paper and left. We weren't in there for more than a couple of minutes. There were three of us and we all agreed it was very creepy. Anyway the other two ladies just laughed it off and went on to talk about fun things. I couldn't stop worrying about it. I felt like we may have been in danger. Obviously nothing happened but it was still so scary that I can't stop worrying about it. I don't know why I can't be like the other two ladies and forget about it and go on with my day. Any suggestions? This has my stomach in knots.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:48 pm

You probably were just thinking about stuff that you've seen on tv. No one can give you the answer. You have to figure that one out on your own.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 am

You are still thinking about because you are a sensitive person who probably has a tendency to get obsessive in your thinking patterns. The other two ladies don't have your same psychological make-up and so it doesn't upset them the way it does you.

I would maybe talk over the experience with a good friend or family member. Or maybe even write out a detailed account of the experience. After doing this, when your mind comes back to just try to gently steer it in another direction, and tell yourself "ok, I've gone over that already, I'm going to move to something else". Then get busy with something else. But don't "fight" with the memory or why it affected you, because that gives it too much importance.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”