daughter voice

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
bebe

Post by bebe » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:28 am

as anyone ever have ocd or panic attack just from hearing someones voice. just last week my daughter was talking to me and out of the blue i had a bad panic attack. now i keep haveing them when so talks to me and i obsess about it.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:11 am

i can understand this. i dont have a panic attack but anxiety when i talk to my mother on the phone. We know your daughter is not causing the PA. . can you think of what triggered this?

tiffyyy111

Post by tiffyyy111 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:37 pm

Bebe...I am sure that hearing your daughter's voice is not what caused the panic attack...I think you just associated her voice with the panic attack, since, that was when you had the attack...I am sure you are probably under a lot of stress, and you just associated the panic attack with your daughter's voice. Just remember, that we tend to associate panic attacks with places, people, voices, and the list just goes on and on...You need to learn how to disassociate your panic attacks from where or what was going on during the panic attack...Remember, panic attacks usually come out of the blue...I am sure you would have had that panic attack, no matter where you were, or what you were doing...So, please do not allow this negative thought to gain any hold on you...It is just an irrational thought, and do not give it any weight....You do not want to begin a cycle of practicing avoidance behaviors, and this is what will happen, if you continue to associate places, people, or things with the panic attacks....I suggest you use the skills in the program to help you see our negative way of thinking is actually what is causing the panic attacks...Try and be positive...Practice the deep-breathing, do the relaxation tape, and make sure to practice positive self-talk...I pray this helps...God Bless!!!!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”