Scary Thoughts

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2001 6:53 am

Has anyone experienced a tingling feeling in the hands and feet, and thought it might be MS. I gone to so many er's and taken so many test. All come bacj ok. But I still feel uneasy about my helath. HELP.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2001 9:16 am

Hey Joe,
Unexplained symptoms can be scary. It is helpful to remember that anxiety can cause many symptoms. One of the ways you can learn to cope with this "tingling" and prevent panic is to de-sensitize yourself. With the help of my counselor, I have hyperventilated and shook my head to get dizzy on purpose. By doing this, you will bring on the symptoms on purpose. Once you realize that tingling is normal and it will go away, you will be on your way to conquering your fear of it!

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2001 11:17 am

Thank You for your reply. You made alot of sense to me. And I will try to de-sensitize those feelings. Keep in touch Joe
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JFrench683:
Hey Joe,
Unexplained symptoms can be scary. It is helpful to remember that anxiety can cause many symptoms. One of the ways you can learn to cope with this "tingling" and prevent panic is to de-sensitize yourself. With the help of my counselor, I have hyperventilated and shook my head to get dizzy on purpose. By doing this, you will bring on the symptoms on purpose. Once you realize that tingling is normal and it will go away, you will be on your way to conquering your fear of it!
</font>

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:33 pm

he all i'm new to this, well joe all the symptoms you are desribing is a direct result of anxiety and depression, i went through exactly the same thing got all the test done numerous blood tests and the rest of it, even thought i was having a heart attack,lol. what worked for me was going to see a counselour, i know it sounds hard but they do help becuase as little as it seems talking is the only way to start recovery, then also what worked for me was i found on <A HREF="http://www.youtube.com" TARGET=_blank>www.youtube.com</A> was guided meditation here is the adress of one but do try all and remember be in a quiet room or quiet place <A HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrK96PIalTk" TARGET=_blank>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrK96PIalTk</A>
hope it helps mate it did me.

M Lisa

Post by M Lisa » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:26 am

Joe,

My eyes bugged out when you spoke of tingling in the hands. I have been for the past couple of weeks been getting tingling in my finger tips, mostly on the right side. I have been going thru frustration, stress, anxiety and depression with my job and looking for a new one. Thankfully I am "seeing light at the end of the tunnel."

Thanks for the post.

Bryan De

Post by Bryan De » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:55 am

Hi, Joe!

Tingling in the hands and feet are a symptom of an impending panic attack. I usually get tingling in my arms and legs, and that's how I know that I have to begin talking to myself to circumvent a panic attack.

Genie

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”