social phobia

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Eric Karo

Post by Eric Karo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

I need help and advice for my social phobia please help

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:49 am

Hi Eric,
I have social phobia too. What advice do you need?
Steph

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:24 am

any kind that well help me feel comfortable around other people and build up my self esteem

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:58 am

FIRSTLY, if you look into the topic of social phobia (as for example by reading about this on Wikipedia) you will see that it is widespread. So, you are not alone in this. / Also, if you do this, you will learn that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is recommended for this condition. Then consider that the "Combatting Stress and Depression Program" Program is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

SECONDLY, you might consider getting Glenn Harrold's hypnotic suggestion recording: "Develop Your Self Confidence" and repeatedly listening to track 2 of this. You might listen to it constantly on an Ipod [You can find him on Amazon.com / He also has his own website: glennharrold.com]. Glenn Harrold is the best selling author of hypnosis CDs and books in Great Britian.

THIRDLY, you might start spending alot of time in the Chat Rooms available in this program. When you engage in Chat, you do not fear many things that you might ordinarily fear in social interactions, such as: how the various attributes of your voice come across, and how your appearance may come across - because these do not show up when you engage in chat. Also, you will connect in real time with other persons who have social phobia.

FINALLY, You might put the Program lessons on to an Ipod and listen to them constantly. I have found this to be very effective.

-Pete Dave Blair
pdavisblair@cox.net

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks Peter, thats great advice!!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:23 am

Have social phobia too. I obsess about situations where I interact with people including family/friends/coworksers/senior mgmt/strangers & play out different scenarios in my head & how I would react & it would make me feel.

The underlying fear is that I will embarass myself & making a fool of myself in front of others. Sometimes making casual conversation can be such a difficult task for me & I'm always in admiration of others that seem to do it so naturally.

I want to get to a point where I don't need to worry about what others think but I need some help getting there.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:46 pm

I've just recently realized that i have social phobia and have had it for a long time now... it is very hard for me to talk to people face to face because i feel as though i am going to say something stupid or they are not going to care for what i have to say so a lot of times i just try to avoid conversation in a whole... sadly its even worse with my family... i guess b/c i'm so use to being to underdog in the crowd and no one ever listening to what i have to say i've just avoided interaction with people all together... i get sweaty and nervous when someone approaches me and i start to panic...

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”