Relapse

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
BronzeStar45

Post by BronzeStar45 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:15 pm

We all have our good days and bad days and our good weeks and not so good weeks. I was having a great run and was able to string together some really good weeks. It’s sad to say but the OCD forced me to break up with my girlfriend because I saw us getting to close. I had been engaged in the past and got burned bad and was so anxious about moving forward with another girl that I absolutely started to have my obsessive scary thoughts around her all the time and started to get my "lost headedness" which means I just didn’t feel like myself, my chest hurt and I was anxious. So it forced us apart. I can’t tell you how terrible my heart felt because I truly love this girl. We mix so well it’s incredible and she incredibly understands. I was stringing together a few good weeks like I said and started to speak to her more again after 3 months of really nothing. Well, the feelings of anxiousness and such are back in full force. I know I love this girl and want this to go further but I don’t know if I can get beyond this. Is this normal for it to be so bad around the one you see a future with?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Bronzestar45 I am sorry to here about your recent break up and the fear of moving forward with this person. I hope you have the program because I think you would benfit from it. I have alawys had anxiety my entire life. Some times it was manageable and sometimes not so manageable. When I started dating my husband, I was feeling great and things were going well. When we got engaged, my anxiety went through the roof. I was all over the place but I always knew he was the one. He accepted me for who I was, anxiety and all. Like all couples we have had our ups and downs especailly when I have been anxiety ridden. This past winter I was having an extremly diffult time with anxiety/depression. I was afraid of what my husband would think. I confessed to him how anxiety ridden I was feeling and he was great. He helped me with this program and he has helped me to stay on track when I am living in the past or what if-ing. I wish you good luck in your recovery. You deserve to be happy. I think sometimes we are afraid to be happy and we're afraid of change. Both of whcih can cause an immense amount of anxiety. Take care and God bless. Keep in touch so we know how you are doing.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”