PURE OBSESSIONS

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
HOCKEY66.

Post by HOCKEY66. » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:41 pm

ANYONE JUST HAVE OBSESSIONS NOT COMPULSIONS.PLEASE TELL YOUR STORY AND YOUR THOUGHTS AND HOW YOU DEAL.

Pumpkins

Post by Pumpkins » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:29 am

Lot's of people do. The best thing to do with them is accept them just like you would any other symptom of anxiety. Realize that they are only thoughts, they can't hurt you or any one else, you are not crazy, you simply have anxiety that is manifesting itself into obsessions, nothing more.

Sunny

Post by Sunny » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:21 pm

Chris,
Yep I have pure obsessions with no compulsions! It is very common with anxiety actually. In Lucinda's book she says that most people with an anxiety disorder has obsessive thinking but not always compulsive actions!
Pumpkins had great advice!!
Sunny
"Without problems there can be no personal growth. Without difficulties life would be like a stream without rocks and curves"
- The Te of Piglet -

HOCKEY66.

Post by HOCKEY66. » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:57 pm

thank you for your reply's i just hope and pray that over time they will go away for they are horrible because they are hurtful and disgusting thoughts.i constantly seek reassurance but really hope and pray for my brain to start functioning the right way for once

Jimp

Post by Jimp » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:55 pm

Originally posted by chris tt:
[qb]thank you for your reply's i just hope and pray that over time they will go away for they are horrible because they are hurtful and disgusting thoughts.i constantly seek reassurance but really hope and pray for my brain to start functioning the right way for once[/qb]
Chris,

You will be fine. MAKE sure you have a good doctor who can, and knows how to use the meds right.
IF you get them right you will do just fine. When my son took his first Anafranil he got relief right away. Since then, we have learned how to use the meds and he does really well.

Wishing you the best. :)

krystal

Post by krystal » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:53 pm

i obsess about my breathing and i cant stop it i dont know what to do about it
krystal

krystal

Post by krystal » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:54 pm

i have been doing this for 8 months i know it has something to do with anxiety but i cant stop it if anyone can help me please email me at calendargirl@softhome.net i feel like some sort of freak case i am aware of every breath i take
krystal

Courious One

Post by Courious One » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:44 am

Originally posted by krystal:
[qb]i have been doing this for 8 months i know it has something to do with anxiety but i cant stop it if anyone can help me please email me at calendargirl@softhome.net i feel like some sort of freak case i am aware of every breath i take[/qb]
Krstal,
You will be fine. I would reccommend seeing a professional mental health doctor that can help you get through this. You take care and God Bless You.

Courious One

Post by Courious One » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:50 am

Originally posted by chris tt:
[qb]ANYONE JUST HAVE OBSESSIONS NOT COMPULSIONS.PLEASE TELL YOUR STORY AND YOUR THOUGHTS AND HOW YOU DEAL.[/qb]
Chris,

A lot of good advice has gne your way so far....See a good psychologist, possible meds, and believe it or not don't try to stop the negative thoughts. When a person tries to stop these thoughts, they have a tendency to come back stronger. Good luck.....God Bless You!

Lauren1982

Post by Lauren1982 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 am

Krystal,

You are not alone. About a year ago I was obsessed with EVERY single breath I took. I became so frustrated. And then it went away. I had to deal with what was really bothering me. It will pass. My advice is to go with it. Be loving to yourself. Say "It's ok to be aware of my breathing. It's not going to hurt me. It's not awful or terrible. It may be uncomfortable but not horrible." Give yourself full permission to obsess. The sooner you do that, the sooner it leaves. I hope this helps.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”