anyone tired of obsessing about obsessing

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Psalm 27

Post by Psalm 27 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:13 am

anyone else feel like you get worse before you get better? i have known of my disorder for 2 years even though i have had it for 20 years. at the first sign of the obsessing i went and got help. not wanting it to escalade into 6 months of worry like the last time. i got the program and now i am more anxious than before. the more i learn about my disorder the worse i get. any suggestions?

lael

Post by lael » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:45 am

Me too i got worse after i got the program. I think its becasue you have these tools to help you and you feel akward at first using them becasue it only reminds you that "HEY YOUR NOT NORMAL!" I keep telling myself that, that is that old way of thinking and I CAN CONTROL my thoughts. I also have to remind myself that if a certain tenique does not work right away or the way i exspect it to start over and try again. don't know if that will help.

GI822

Post by GI822 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:02 am

I feel the same way and Lucinda does mention that in the program. I think we are really confronting our fears instead of trying to forget about them which is making them real for once, or at least for me. Before when I would feel bad I would kind of let it run its course and then when it passed I would forget about it and move on until the next one. Now I feel like I have a flood of issues now that I decided to learn what was really causing my anxiety. I think it needs to get worse before it gets better.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”