Waking up with a gloomy feeling

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
Dona Dry

Post by Dona Dry » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:21 am

Hi Everyone on this Post,

You all seem to have the same problem WHY AM I FEELING GLOOMY IN THE MORNING WHEN I WAKE UP! You all DON'T HAVE TO FEEL GLOOMY IN THE MORNING! Let's look at this situation in a different manner. What are you saying to yourself (self talk) is probably negative, because if it was positive you would be getting up feeling fantastic! It's new day, the sun is shining, I'm going out for dinner tonight, etc. Think of words that are comforting, creative, loving, etc.

One little trick that helps is to get out a piece of paper write down all your negative dialague and change it to positive dialague (like you learned in the program) read these phrases (out loud) BEFORE YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT for 30 evenings.
You will notice how great you will feel because you are re-directing your negative thoughts to positive thoughts and your body and mind will follow. I have done the program 4 years ago. It has changed my life. I have my life back and enjoying every minute of it. YOU CAN DO IT TOO! LET'S ALL GET TOGETHER AND WORK ON IT!

Have a great Morning,

Dona Dry

clb79

Post by clb79 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Hi, the problem I have been having in waking up in the morning is just waking up, becoming coherent and competent. I live alone when my son is on visitation with his dad. One morning a few weeks ago my body was waking up but my eyes were still closed and I couldn't get them open. I think they were still rolled in the back of my head. I know it sounds funny but it really happened. I knew in my head I had to get up for a reason but couldn't ge t my eyes to cooperate. Has anyone had this happen to them before?
The other thing is when I am trying to wake up I have no idea what day it is or anything. So it is a matter of becoming coherent as to what day it is and that I have to leave the house before a certain time. It gets frustrating at times. I pretty much feel like I am living all by my self. What if something should happen to me and no one is here to help me. Who is going to find me??? That has also been a big worry for me. Anything could happen?
Please let me know of any ideas you might have.

Thanks,
clb79

portart

Post by portart » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:02 am

I have this problem a lot. I figured out that I was dreaming about a problem without a solution and I would wake up with the emotion of the problem still in my system, hence, the feeling of dread or anxiety. Most of these for me are based on a fear of poverty or losing all my stuff somehow.

Sue40

Post by Sue40 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:57 am

I had the severe gloomy wake up feeling for years - it stopped immediately following /hysterectomy and removal of ovaries - and commencement of oestrogen only hormone replacement so did the mood swings that had helped to ruin all my friendships and reltionships all my adult life

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi Waterfall hope and others,

Fare and Donna have hit on some good points, fare is telling you to compartmentalize and ignore and Donna is suggesting self talk journaling and reading positive self talk aloud. I agree and it is all good.

I never like that idea of positive thoughts not verbalized, it sort of leaves the opportunity for a struggle to take place inside the head and you never know which will prevail. If you speak out loud it will trump the thoughts. I like it more physical, such as clapping your hands in a cadence, or sing a snappy type marching song.

I use Christian songs, but if you don't like that then do the marine corp hymm , or the army or navy song. Or even Mary Poppins songs. (When ever I feel afraid, I hold me erect, and whistle a happy tune and no one ever knows I am afraid) Don't know them, find them on you tube.

They are simple, they will set you up for a positive breakthrough, and start to your day, and they work. Yoga is meditative and serious, get into a happy mindset that you can then come down to meditate, come out your mediations with the full benefits, and if you get down, sing, dance and march around. Don't laugh, in a negative vane, it works! Get positive!
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”