fear

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
good82life

Post by good82life » Tue May 20, 2008 10:49 am

I have a son who is 4 that goes to daycare. I wasnt invoved in were he went or anything with it. I feel that he dont need to go. I want to go tell my sons moms famly that. Im just so scard to do it and right now I think Im obsessing

Post by Guest » Tue May 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Have you thought about writing down what you want to say and reading from there? That is easier for me.

Post by Guest » Tue May 20, 2008 3:12 pm

I have read your post several times and I dont understand what your trying to say.....I would love to help but I just cant figure out what your actually at issue at? Is that your son is in preschool? And why didnt you have a say? and arent you your sons mom?

I very confused.
Dodger

coryn1

Post by coryn1 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:11 pm

Dodger, I think what he's trying to say is that he wasn't given the opportunity to have any involvement in the decision making of putting his son in daycare. And he doesn't think his son needs preschool, therefore he doesn't agree with it. Oh, and from previous posts,I gather that Good82life is the FATHER of the child.
blessings,

Post by Guest » Tue May 27, 2008 7:47 am

hi there,
I think i am understanding what you are feeling. I dont know why you have to talk to the mothers family, and not simply contact the mom with your concerns but we all have intersting family circles so my advice to you would be this...
Using your skills, call her up (sons mom) and tell her you are experiencing a few uneasy feelings relatd to the daycare issue and ask her if she might be able to discuss it wit you. Is there a reason why your son nees to be there that you arent aware of? does she work? and most importantly, maybe you need to express that you are feeling this way in part because you were not considered in the decision making process. Ask calmy for feedabck, and then ask to see said locaton and visit, to put your mind at ease if this is the only solution to the daycare issue...
i wish you the best, dont be afraid to simply state ho you are feeling, you are entitled to it! and deserving of it, and your opnion matters to you, and mostly your son, whos interest you are protecting

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:47 pm

thank you all for the encouraging wordsI wrote this a while when i was really antious. Right now im at the point where I feel where i am starting do discover whats really bothing me

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”