Dont really feel a lot better....

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
Charlotte Mae On My Way

Post by Charlotte Mae On My Way » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:46 am

Hello everyone, I am in week 6. I have went through the program (thus far) as directed and dont really feel a lot better. The holidays are always stressful for me because my main problem is social anxiety. I just feel like I am all by myself. My husband has absolutley 0 social or anxiety issues. So he really cannot understand. I was just wondering if anyone else feels like this? getting no where? down in the dumps about it?

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:11 pm

Charlotte, I just finished the program a few weeks back I would suggest checking your self talk and remember it took a long time to get were you are just relax and have faith in the program I like many others have seen the light at the end of the tunnel just be patient with yourself and I PROMISE you will learn to channel this into to something wonderful!
Merry Christmas Jeff

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:27 am

Charlotte, i am also in week 6 and haven't attained the results that I wanted to, but I will finish all the sessions and see what happens. I don't know how to not stop holding grudges. Forgivness just doesn't work for me. Can anybody suggest something.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Without forgiving you punish yourself.
Do you really think the people you are mad at are suffering over it like you are.
My Dad and Mom split when I was 16. Never saw him again. We live in the same county. I am now 46. I tried for years to get in touch with him. If he was any kind of Man he would have at least acted like he had a daughter.
In order for me to be ok. I had to realize that he is only human too. It has been so long now he probably feels it is too late. The longer you wait to face something the harder it is to deal with. When you stay mad with people the devil is getting you right wear he wants you. He finds and uses your weak spots to get to you.Believe me it took me a long time to come to terms with things but I feel free without that pain. Besides our goal is to spend our energy on positive thoughts, not to internalize the negative.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:34 pm

PS
Be kind to your enemies........nothing pisses them off more.

You cant lose.
Hehe

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:07 am

Our journals have some great stuff for reference. These are a couple of things I wrote while on Session Six. Maybe they'll be of help to you:
Anger begins with a thought.
That thought is usually neither appropriate nor correct.
It is often a thought about someone else's behavior, of which I have no control, and cannot change.

On another page in my Session Six journaling, I wrote this: When I withdraw my complaints of others, my resentment will gradually leave. When my resentment leaves, I can begin taking responsibility for my feelings and I will stop blaming others.

Hope these offer some help.
Last edited by pecos on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”