Floating away

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Rhasslariel

Post by Rhasslariel » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 am

Okay. I've always had a problem with the 'one size fits all' mentality of some nutritionists. For years now, I've heard the "drink 8 glasses of water a day" thing. The thing is, I don't think everyone can tolerate that much. To someone with bigger body mass, like my 6'4", 300lb husband, eight glasses of water doesn't even come close to keeping him hydrated thought out an entire day. But for me, at only 5' tall and about 130lb (yes I know I'm about 25lbs overweight), by the time I get to the fourth glass during a day, I'm running to pee literally every 10 minutes or less. And I don't mean just feeling like I have to go, I mean really going. And by the end of the day, I'm having abdominal aches and hurting "down there" from going so much. I just don't believe we were all meant to consume the same amounts. I think it should be tailored to the size or body mass of the individual. Even on the disc, Lucinda talks about the difference between a full glass of orange juice for her 5 year old versus for her. Shouldn't water or any listed amount of something be viewed the same way?
"No i brestanneth anírach tírad vi amar."
(Be the change you wish to see in the world.)

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Rhasslariel:
I can't drink the recommended amount of water.
I simply cannot force it down.
However, I know that I probably don't drink enough.
It is a good subject. I seldom get as thirsty as most people. The only time I get thirsty enough to drink a lot of water is when
my blood sugar gets very hight. (I'm diabetic).

If I drink 4 full glasses of water day , I'm doing really, really well. I seldom drink that much.
But as Emma says, I probably get liquied in other ways.
Good luck.
MJ

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:02 pm

I feel the same way. I am 5'1 and weight like 95 pounds SO i can never drink 8 glasses of water. it does depend on how big you are etc. . just drink how much you think you should.
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”