Exercise Anxiety

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
tricia

Post by tricia » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:10 am

Hi everyone

I just started working out again after 3 months of doing absolutely nothing but sitting around and worrying etc. So anyway, I've been riding a stationary bike. I went up to 25 minutes 3 times a week. I over did it and now have muscle exhaustion and can't move. Very painful. I'm so stressed about it. How do you overcome painful setbacks??
"Bloom where you're planted." Joyce Meyers

Dsrtdwllr

Post by Dsrtdwllr » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey Trish, been there done that! I've really lost my momentum with exercising too. More excuses than anything, of course the big one being time as I travel, then have the family. BUT!!! If you're just getting back in the saddle with a work out program, I recommend the BTN approach. Which is simply, 'Better than nothing!' For me right now, I just need to get back into a habit, 3-4 days a week of something. Start slow and easy, and don't kill yourself. You can shoot for the moon after you've got a month or so under your belt.

But I'm with you and remember what we've learned, if we fall off the wagon, it's ok....now just get back on it! :) (I'm saying that to encourage myself as well! :)

I think a couple of 20min walks a week, maybe with some at home excercise will be my goal. Wish me luck!

Conner

Post by Conner » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Hey Zempath

Thanks for the encouragement. My 2 weeks of severe back and leg muscle pain ended last Friday with one final spasm. Oh it was so fun. I have learned my lesson. You're right, a little bit is better than nothing. I think that having an anxious attitude makes me aprroach things without really thinking about the consequences. I just want to be fitter faster. Same with anxiety. I want the anxious feelings to leave quickly.
When you want Truth as much as you want that first breath of air while drowning - that is when you will find it.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”