falling off the bandwagon

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
jme

Post by jme » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:30 am

:? i sarted the program a few months ago but i got myself stuck on session 5, i just stopped listening. i want to get better and i have some pretty scary panic attacks that i want to help and so much medication i feel like i should be getting better but i still want to eat sugar and drink tea and not exercise am i wrong do i just make myself do it even tho i am comfortable with my recent weight gain ( i think its from meds) i dont know if i can skip it and get the same results, i want to keep going i just got discouraged after failing to better my diet and exercise more. any ideas? what have any of you done to keep pushing though this i feel isolated can anyone help? -jmeL

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:03 am

I used to eat sweets and drink sweet tea everyday,but my anxiety was so bad I thought it would be worth it to stop all the sugar and drink water (i hate water) but I decided to add favor in it and give it a try. BOY I'm I glad I did. I felt really tired for about a week of no suger,but after that the anxiety was cut in half.I also started riding bikes in the after noon with my family. So no matter how hard it may seem to give up the sugar it is well worth it you will feel a alot less anxiety and more energy.Godd Luck!!

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:37 am

Ive felt like that for nearly every session. Sometimes its just easier to give up, but we are strong people. We've dealt with problems long enough and its time that we take control and live a healthier life. Try complimenting yourself when you choose not to eat sweets. Like Dr. Fisher and Lucinda said, if you really want to change, you must change your diet as well. Its difficult at first but once you get used to eat, you will feel much better. Good luck with everything

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”