Relaxation tape

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
GI822

Post by GI822 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:19 pm

Does anyone have a suggestion of a relaxation taped that have used, besides the one in the program, that helped them? I was looking for a meditation cd and wasn't sure which one to get.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi. I enjoy the white noise CD's which are about an hour of things like birds singing, wind through trees, water, etc., and you can use them for background when you are working, or you can use them to meditate, and include your own words and imagery.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:14 pm

I just downloaded Christiane Kerr's Rays of Calm, and I really like it. I downloaded it from this site <A HREF="http://www.hypnosisaudio.com/km_cfkcd04.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hypnosisaudio.com/km_cfkcd04.htm</A>
but it's also available (a little less $) on iTunes.

You might want to check out the above site first, though, because you can listen to a longer segment of the CD than on iTunes. Peace1 recommended this site and another visualization/relaxation CD by Glenn Harrold.

I found Kerr's voice really relaxing and love her imagery (very descriptive), despite the fact she's created these CD's for adolescent girls...

(Oh, it's located in the audiobook section of iTunes.)

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:17 pm

I have a couple really good ones. One is called Guided Relaxation by Kelly Howell. That one really does what it says. I am soooo relaxed at the end, and often fall asleep. The other is called Sleep and is put out by Lifescapes, with the artist being John August. I also like relaxing music CDs with Oriental music. I use one I have at work when I get stressed. I just put on the headphones and enjoy. Finally, I have a CD set that has rain and thunder. I love those sounds, especially when I know everything really is safe. I bring that set to work and listen to it from time to time as well. I works for me for light relaxation.
Hope this helps!
Darb

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:51 pm

I love "The Father's Love Letter". It brings me such peace and comfort.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Darb, if you like the sounds of rain and thunder than you need to find an album by the Mystic Moods Orchestra. The name of the album is One Stormy Night. Very relaxing.

I found that Circuit City is selling it online as a CD.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:46 pm

Thanks everyone. I am def. going to try some of your suggestions out. There are some many choices out there I wasn't sure what to get. Thanks again!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Thanks, AllMixedUp!
I'll check it out:)
Darb

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:34 am

Hi Barb!
What is The Father's Letter About? I'm looking for a faith-based relaxation/visualization but haven't been able to find any; maybe I haven't looked hard enough?
fischee

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:54 am

There's so many different kinds out there now. Glenn Harrold's website is good to check, and also Thinkrightnow.com. Some are labeled self hypnosis, some are labeled guided imagery, and some are labeled sounds for relaxation and meditation. I have a yoga meditation tape with an introduction on meditating by the Dalai Lama but darned if I can understand a word he's saying and ended up irritated instead of relaxed!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”