I just can't exercise - Help!!

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
luvlife

Post by luvlife » Mon May 26, 2008 6:12 pm

I really need some advice or suggestions when it comes to exercising. I have Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and bursitis, which means I have a lot of pain. My knees and hips are the worst when it comes to walking. I would love to do some water arobics, but live too far from a facility that would provide that and with the gas prices they are - not gonna' do that. I'm older, so can't do a lot of jumping around. :roll: Really need something low impact that would keep me motivated as well. Not asking too much am I? :p I've been listening to tape 5 for so long I just about have it memorized, so know what I should (those damn 'shoulds') be doing, just can't get started. Would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks so much!! Blessings, Judy

<span class="ev_code_RED">"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass ~ it's learning to dance in the rain."</span>
"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass ~ it's learning to dance in the rain."

Angel of Hope

Post by Angel of Hope » Sat May 31, 2008 9:07 pm

Sounds like you can't really use your legs for exercise. You're definitely not alone there are plenty of people who are wheelchair bound that have to get cardio/exercise through other means.

I'm not sure how bad your Fibro/arthritis is in your arms, but perhaps you could do band resistance exercises or use small weights for an extended period of time.

It would no doubt get your heart rate up.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”