gettin going in am

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
carty

Post by carty » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:30 am

Anyone have a difficult time grtting up in the morning? The biggest struggle for me is getting out of bed! What are some things I can tell myself to help motivate me?

pecos

Post by pecos » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:16 am

I don't have trouble getting up in the morning, so I cannot offer advice. But, there are lots of posts here that have dealt with exactly your problem. I have read some of them from previous months, and the advice is quite good. I hope they help you. Best of luck.

Tommyboy

Post by Tommyboy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:22 am

Carty, I too have been like that off and on and right now I'm dealing with the same thing. In the past I just made myself get up when the alarm went off and got busy and before you know it, it's a different experience. I worked out before work as well and that was good.
I'm not sure whose quote it is but the saying
" motivation comes with the doing " seems to be true. Just get up and get moving has worked for me

DisneyGirl

Post by DisneyGirl » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:32 pm

I am sorry to say that I really don't have any tips for you as I have the same problem. I stare at the clock BEGGING myself to get out of bed, all to just keep laying there. I completely lack the will to get up and get into the day. So fear not, you are not alone. Good luck to you.

E.Carlson

Post by E.Carlson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:55 pm

I too have the same problem. I have so much trouble falling asleep i think i just want to get as much as i can but then i always end up sleeping into the afternoon and feeling more worthless. Also even when i do get up i know i'm not gonna do much else than sit on the couch. I have thousands of thoughts and things i want to do but just have a hard time getting my self moving. I used to be motivated but now just want to roll over and die but i'm not gonna do that. I know i will get better sooner or later... i hope

moa

Post by moa » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:53 am

Hi!! I have the same problem that you describe here. It's difficult to leave the bed in the mornings it feels that I have no energy to get up and starting the day. But I can't sleep either in the mornings and then I only lay there and my anxiety grows more and more and I feel useless. I think I have to try to go to bed nearly the same time every evening and then go up in the mornings at the same time, because otherwise I lay in the bed half the day and that doesn't work. I hope we soon getting better everyone because we are worth it.

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:30 am

me too! i really have to force my self out of bed in the morning. even once i'm up I just want to crawl back to bed.

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:39 am

I have a harder time in the morning after I take the kids to school and come back home. I'm at home by myself for most of the day. I have a real hard time getting motivated to do anything. :(
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Shona Lee

Post by Shona Lee » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:49 am

I'm a newbie here and just started session 1, I'm in the same boat you are, wanting to sleep all the time and no motivation. All I can say is take one day at a time, one episode at a time and keep plugging away at the program. Do what you can handle day by day, if you only do one thing per day such as getting out of bed and putting the kids on the bus, it's still an accomplishment and maybe tomorrow you can do more. But always keep smiling!! :) :D