Loss of job causing depression/anxiety

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
jewel2024

Post by jewel2024 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 am

Hey everyone. My names Jennifer. I lost my dental assisting job about a week ago. I have been a dental assistant for 3 years. And for 2 and a half of those years I was labeled an excellent assistant, then the doc I worked for retired and I found a dental assisting position else where. I worked for this "new" dentist for about 5 months. He slowly, but surley broke apart my confidence. He said my old dentist I worked for was to old fashioned and no matter how hard I tried to learn his ways he was impatient, arrogant, and selfish. I just got hired at a new practice a week after the other dentist let me go. I'm very nervous about starting a new job again. My confidence is kind of shot. I pray and hope God gives me the strength to do good at this job and please let the staff be kind! Anyways, does anyone have any advice?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Just try not to let that jerk get to you. Just do the best job you can where you're at now. Do you have the program? This would be a good time to review areas that helped you the most. If you're going through the program right now, just hang in there. I'm going through it for the second time myself.
I'll be praying for you about the new job. I know how hard it is to start over. Good luck to you Jennifer, and if you need to talk some more, we're all here to help each other. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 am

Watching this video may be of some help to you!!! Here is the video... Power of a Thought

Have a great day!!! God Bless