lost

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Banana1216

Post by Banana1216 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:51 am

hey i'm new to this but have been suffering with bipolar for 10 years now. i have a long story but right now feel so lost with what to do with my life. i'm 27 and feel i'm all alone and going no where. i recently moved back around my hometown which is really small and i have a reputation from when i was in highschool and suffering with the manias and depressions. plus everyone there is married with kids and i don't have anybody. i'm living with my sister and her family and mother. i just feel like i don't know what i'm doing or how to live life and get really down. i haven't been manic in 3 years...just continually down. i feel i'm never happy. i feel my life needs order but i don't know where to start or what to do. i don't even know why i'm writing this. i'm confused and need help. can anyone relate?

suzyblue

Post by suzyblue » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:36 am

Hi, Banana :)

I can definitely relate. I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for 7 years (probably most of my life, actually). When I was in high school, all I wanted to do was get out of my hometown and start all over in college. Well, I came back home after a year and started going to a local school. After a couple of years there, I took a leave of absence because, like you, I had no idea what direction I wanted to take in life. Now, I'm living at home, working at a dead end job, and feeling much like you. Obviously, I don't know what advice to give you but stick with the program and hope for the best. That's what I'm doing. Hang in there!