Completing this course

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Castaway9

Post by Castaway9 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:43 am

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how anyone has overcome not getting this program done. I have accepted the fact that I've been depressed for a long time. I think I am a co-dependent personality and now I am divorced. I start this program, which was a gift, and then I lose momentum. I haven't finished anything in a long time and I would like some help.

Anyone ever has this problem?

Thanks.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:31 am

Hello to you. I am just beginning Session 10. Here because of depression. You can use the program coaching, or you can use your peer group members for support. When something hangs you up, if you don't want to post in the community, or peer group section, pick someone you are comfortable with and send them an S.O.S. via the PM selection. This program is designed to give you momentum with the way the CD's, homework, Coaching DVD's deliver the information to you. It is just like anything else. You won't get results if you don't do the work. Kind of like having an infection, the doctor gives you the antibiotic, and you take it when you feel like it, and then you decide not to finish the dose. You will still have the infection. Depression got here slowly, it takes a lot of practice to learn to think and do and live differently. It's worth it to me. I don't like being depressed.

Lisa43

Post by Lisa43 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:12 am

Do you more anxiety when you are listening to the CD? I know I do, I am just on Session 4 and somewhere I read or heard that all the poking and prodding you do to yourself to understand how you got here in the first place can make for more anxiety. It's not easy to face yourself sometimes. It is a huge relief to know I am not dying of some ailment but frusterting that I am my own problem and trying to get a handle on changing myself. Don't let yourself be scared away because it won't help anything not to keep going to the end. Someone loves you very much and wishes the best for you to give you this expensive gift. You apparently deserve it, so give it a go!