need advice and support

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
GoddessPetals

Post by GoddessPetals » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:25 am

I don't want anyone to think badly of me for what I'm about to say. Last week I went for an abortion and since then all my anxieties and depression have come back full force. I couldn't keep the pregnancy because I have no room, no job yet, crappy health insurance, no money. Plus I'm trying to go back to college and would have no time to take care of a baby that was unwanted and unplanned, not to mention not made from love. I need help to sort through all of this. I do have a great support system at home but I need to talk to others who have gone through this. Any suggestions?

Tinkerella

Post by Tinkerella » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:34 pm

While I have not had an abortion, I feel like you just need some support. I think its normal to feel sad after something like this. My advise would be to go ahead and work through how you feel. It's good that you have support at home, lean on them. Perhaps the clinic you went to would have some sort of support or someone you could talk to? I don't know. I'm sorry that you had to make such a hard decision. I can understand how it feels to make that choice. I sounds to me like you did what was best for you. Please don't be hard on yourself

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi Goddess,

This is your decision and your decision only! No one can judge you harder than we judge ourselves. All i can say is really think hard about all your choices and if you reach the decision not to have the baby, then i must say that's your decision. You don't have to explain your decision to anyone.

I will keep you in my thoughts. Stay positive and try not to worry.

R.T.E.

Post by R.T.E. » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi Goddess Petals,
I used to volunteer at a Crisis Pregnancy Center and we occasionally would have women visit our center for counseling after an abortion. Although our center was pro-life, I do understand how hard your choice was, having gone through an unplanned pregancy and having to have made a decision myself. My now husband (we were not married at that time) and I had a very hard time deciding, and although I said I couldn't go through with it, and we went through with the pregnancy, I do understand the agonizing decision process. You are feeling a lot of normal feelings. Even if you didn't have anxiety, it is normal to go through what you are feeling. You are going through a loss. Seek out some local counseling clinics in your area that are pregancy based. Many of them offer counseling for free, so you wouldn't have to worry about insurance issues. It is good to have support in a number of areas in your life, and having professional, or semi-professional support is a great addition to family support.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Darb

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:17 am

Your life is hard enough, there certainly won't be any criticism of you here. My heart goes out to you. As for suggestions for support, there are probably support groups in your area. Call the clinic where you had your abortion and ask for support group locations, phone numbers. If no luck there, call the planned parenthood center in Buffalo, and ask them for a group to help you. Lots of help out there for you, so keep us posted on how you are doing.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:55 am

Forgiveness is one of the most powerful gifts you can offer yourself. Once you accept it, you can move on to the other gifts your life has to offer. No one on the planet has the right to judge another....and you do not need to waste any time judging the past. You are a strong person....move forward on your own terms...and let the people who love you, support you on the journey.

Take Care,
JChick