Dieting causing worse anxiety/depression!

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
jewel2024

Post by jewel2024 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:42 am

Hey everyone. I finished the attacking anxiety program two months ago and it really helped me. I now am trying to lose weight and its hard! I'm doing weight watchers point system. It worked for me before so I'm doing it again. I weigh 127 and am 5'1. I just want to lose 7 lbs and it would make me happier. My clothes are fitting tight because I've gained 7 lbs this year. Dieting makes me feel aweful! Any advice?

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:51 pm

First, congratulations on finishing the program! Hopefully you're feeling better. Make sure you keep using your new skills to keep them sharp!

As for weight loss, there can be many reasons why it's difficult. It can be simple things like you genetics, your sex, or your age. Also, if your on any medications, many of them can make losing weight difficult. Also, just having anxiety and depression (stress) can hinder weight loss. You're best bet is to just to eat healthy and get regular exercise.

Lastly, try not to let your weight bother you. I know that it's hard to do that in today's society with our obsession with appearances. Remember that you're worth is not based on how you look. So don't stress yourself out if things are taking longer than you'd like.

Good luck,
Jamie

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:48 am

I would be so happy if all I needed to lose was 7lbs.

I don't have anything else to say on this matter.

Oh yeah, Congratulations!!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Don't treat it like a "diet". Treat it as a way of life. It's the way you should be eating anyway. It doesn't mean you can't have chips or chocolate. It means that you have to have them in moderation. Exercise is key too. Count the WW points and track everything you eat. Dieting means deprivation. Changing the way you think about food means success. Best of luck to you.