Starting Again

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Hopeful321

Post by Hopeful321 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:41 am

Hello, I'm so glad this forum is here. I am suffering from extreme depression, and am starting the program again. I have had the program for about 10 to 15 years, and never completed it. I really need to this time , because my depression is a lot more severe.
I hope I can do it this time. I'm starting to be angry a lot, and snap at my family. I'm glad I have a place to express myself and be real.

CG822

Post by CG822 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:22 am

We are all here for you, tell us everything! Do not give up on it, you deserve the best...I hope we can help!

girlwithhope

Post by girlwithhope » Mon May 11, 2009 11:56 am

Well lets see.I wanted to create my own post to write not sure how to do it so i just chose any topic.Sorry about that.I just finished the program. It has helped me with my anxiety , don't get me wrong i still have anxiety,just not as bad as before.I'm able to control it better.But i know i will get there soon.Just gotta believe. I'm gonna start the program again soon. I don't know why i can't get into the chat room.I have a new computer and it won't allow me to get on the chaqt room,i tried using my daughters computer still can not get into chat room.Only to read peoples post.So i really miss being on the chat room.Sorry for the complaint. Thank you and god bless for listening.

hasson

Post by hasson » Mon May 11, 2009 3:44 pm

i really hope you pull through this time, i am starting this for the first time i wish i knew about this four yours ago we can both get through it.
Jason

girlwithhope

Post by girlwithhope » Mon May 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Thank you Hasson for your kind words.We will get throgh this

l[z

Post by l[z » Tue May 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi,I,ve had the program for about 2 years.I haven,t got past session 3.I struggle with lots of negativity.Anger, bitterness.How can you chose not to dwell on things that upset you.Things you have to deal with almost every day?I find it difficult.Depression and ocd are my problems.

Life seems like such a struggle every day.Tiring.

keithjoy

Post by keithjoy » Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 am

hi l[z, girlwithhope, hasson, and Hopeful321... just wanted to add encouragement to your situations... i, too, have struggled with depression for 30 years or so and have found this program to be the most helpful thing i've ever done... i really struggled through it and it took me longer than the 15 weeks, but it was worth every minute it took... you see, i suffered a set-back after session 5 and then another one after session 14, but the important thing is to never give up... never, never, never... because life does keep on going and unresolved conflict leading to depression is just part of it... using these skills to identify and relate to and overcome these feelings and thoughts is a wonderful weapon against depression and anxiety... i completed April 22 this year... and life just keeps getting better every day... you CAN experience this as well... just trust, and do the best YOU can... it really IS all about YOU right now... until you get well... you cannot help anybody else... keep the faith and carry on.... it's worth it...
much LOVE,
kj

Hopeful321

Post by Hopeful321 » Wed May 13, 2009 5:30 am

Thank you all so much!!! I really needed the encouragement. Yesterday was really rough. But I am on week one (again after never completing it 10 years ago). So I am in the week to notice my anxious feelings and observe what is making me upset. Boy I had writer's cramp just writing down everything in my journal! I'm mad at everything and everybody. Right now I believe I have a right to be. Anyway, I desparately want to learn these tools to overcome my anger. Thanks for letting me know it does get better. To l[z I am really struggling too with extreme bitterness about a lot of stuff that has happended that I feel is not my fault. At this point I need to find a way to accept that I can't do anything about it. It's extremely hard for me to move on. That is why I am so angry. At least we have a place where we can be accepted here and not be judged. I wish everyone the best.

l[z

Post by l[z » Wed May 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Hopeful,Sounds like we,re in the same boat.Bad enough I,m so angry,but I also feel guilty about my anger because I,m a Christian.Double wammy.I describe myself as being stubborn,because I seem to latch onto the anger and won,t let it go.I want to but something inside can,t let the other person off the hook.I guess I want justice.Meanwhile I,m making myself sick.
On the upside we all have each other to confide in and to offer encouragement.Maybe that will make it easier.

cg822,Thanks for offering encouragement.It means so much to those who need it.

girlwithhope,Congratulations!!You reached the light at the end of your tunnel.youv,e made it this far and I,m sure you will continue to improve!

Concerning the chat rooms.I,m having the same problem as you.A couple of days ago my husband had to work the bugs out of the system,since then I can,t get into the chat rooms either.I see that there are 13 people in there tonight and would very much like to chat with them but I can,t.

hasson,Welcome!Check out all the forums.They each have good things to offer.Best of luck to you.

Keithjoy,Congratulations to you also!!What an answer to prayer this has been for you I,m sure.There,s got to be some celebrating going on in your neck of the woods.
Your success in it,s self is an encouragement to others.Thanks for the pep talk.I know I needed it.Your words of encouragement are much appreciated.

Good talking too all of you tonight.Good night and God bless each of you in an extra special way tomorrow.

Post by Guest » Wed May 13, 2009 4:53 pm

You all hang in there!!! Please give this program a chance. It gave me my life back!!!!

If you will do the program, then, you will overcome...If I can do it, anyone can....God Bless